Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

battery disconnect

It will be under either side .. i think the LHD is the o/s or right side of the car but im unsure .

I take it you have tried the owner's manual instructions .. as below .. this normally opens a bonnet .

Attachments

• battery_1_191.jpg
    battery_1_191.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 4,119
Many thanks ^^^^^^^ for the reply.
Yes, I knew that. Just hoping someone could confirm.
The fuse box is on the right passenger side, unsure if it's on left passenger side on the RHD. To know might be helpful.

The trouble is LHD often have items on the opposite side hence i'm unsure ..

To be fair it's not a huge amount of work to remove a wheel , arch liner and have a look.

I did look at what info i have but its not listed so i can only guess i'm afraid .

Porsche instructions are often based on LHD cars so it's not uncommon for me to find items on the left side instead of the right side they are listed as .

Thanks again for giving time to reply.
It was only opportunism with this existing thread to hopefully identify where it is.
This has never been the the busiest forum, but always a chance someone may add the answer in time.
Wont be holding my breath on that though. :hand:
Thinks again :thumb:

Cameo said:
Am I correct in thinking that all you want to achieve is:
1) Keep you car locked and secure for a hibernation period
2) Keep the battery full charged

If that is the case I think the problem is not necessarily Porsche's approach but yours. I believe that all of the problems you're encountering are attempts to make the car more secure and frustrate potential thieves.

Make you life easy and buy a CTEK charger and plug it into the power socket below the armrest. Feed the cable out of the car via the door (I choose the point where the window and door meet). Plug the charger in, check it's charging, close the door and lock the car. Problem solved. :thumb:

Exactly what I do. Although my new approach is to just drive it all year round and this is just as effective with even less effort.

The CTEK was the goto, old hat now. The NOCO GENIUS are probably now the latest new kid on the block.
Found it a good upgrade and have the GENIUS-10. I like the options that are available, various leads, connection options and adaptors. Typical American build, solid and quality build. Lot of user input gone into this.
Wall mounted charger/maintainer. Extension lead (output) with enclosed push fit connections. Neat option to plumb in under bonnet to battery with spade connections with extra in line fuse. Leave it there and plug in lead.
Over wing under bonnet and close and lock car.
Classy piece of kit. Pricey perhaps but most good things tend to be.
Had three spare batteries replaced and never got around to take them away, two regular and one AGM. The NOCO went through its repair cycle and all three are transformed. AGM would not hold a charge, been using it on hydraulic Quick jacks over two weeks and still going. It would handle only a couple before.
Really recommend and worth checking out. Love it :thumb:

nigel99 said:
Cameo said:
Am I correct in thinking that all you want to achieve is:
1) Keep you car locked and secure for a hibernation period
2) Keep the battery full charged

If that is the case I think the problem is not necessarily Porsche's approach but yours. I believe that all of the problems you're encountering are attempts to make the car more secure and frustrate potential thieves.

Make you life easy and buy a CTEK charger and plug it into the power socket below the armrest. Feed the cable out of the car via the door (I choose the point where the window and door meet). Plug the charger in, check it's charging, close the door and lock the car. Problem solved. :thumb:

Exactly what I do. Although my new approach is to just drive it all year round and this is just as effective with even less effort.

right now this car is not a car i leave on my driveway, so yes i could get a charger(?) and plug in (24/7 !) to keep it ticking along....but i have other cars that are on the driveway....cant do that with them....when the porsche ends up there, it will have to be left unlocked with a popped bonnet........OR just put a physical pull handle in the car for the frunk....It will save all these people who get stuck with a car on the road they cant lock, people struggling to find the bonnet release, people worrying about getting the stuff in their frunk nicked because the bonnet release is in the wheel well...etc... So many problems introduced just because porsche couldnt be bothered to run the cable and extra couple of feet and attach it to a handle! (and designed a crazy key lock on the drivers door that can ONLY be used to unlock the car??? what was the point of all that work!)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back