Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ban the Booo! (excessive 993 Turbo S prices inside)

GT4

Nordschleife
Porsche Centre Swindon pushing the envelope:

993 Turbo S
£130,000
34,135 miles

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-1.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-2.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-3.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-4.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-5.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-6.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-7.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-8.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-9.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-10.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-11.jpg

porsche-993-turbo-s-coupe-18632873-12.jpg

Description
Red.  Classic Grey Leather Interior.
Leather Trim, Air Conditioning, Sunroof, Alloy Wheels, Electric Windows, Central Door Locking, Electric Seats, Airbag, Stereo, On Board Computer, Alarm, Immobiliser, Heated Seats, Adjustable Steering Column, CD Player, Passenger Airbag, Electric Sunroof, Radio/CD, 3x3 Point Rear Seat Belts, Floor Mats, Porsche Vehicle Tracking System, Top tinted windscreen
Full Service History, Financing Available, Delivery Available, Dealer/Manufacturer Warranty
The 993 turbo was introduced in 1996 featuring full time four wheel drive for the first time on a production 911 Turbo. The 3.6-litre engine was fitted with a pair of KKK K16 turbochargers and Bosch M5.2 engine management. Output was 408bhp at 5750rpm. Performance was explosive with a top speed of 184mph and 0-60 in just 4.5 seconds. Like all turbocharged 911's, this latest variant received heavily flared wheel arches and a static rear spoiler. Unique to these cars, the body-coloured rear wings were fixed in place and housed the turbocharger intercoolers. For the 1997 model year, Porsche produced the most exclusive road going 993 of all and what became the last air-cooled 911 Turbo - the Turbo S. Based on the standard Turbo, the Turbo S was enhanced with a number of special features Including: the Aerokit II front and rear spoilers, Carbon Fibre interior features, brake cooling ducts alongside the front indicators, uprated yellow coloured 6 pot calipers an additional oil cooler, stiffer suspension that made the car sit 15mm lower and engine cooling scoops carved out from the rear wings. Mechanically, the 3.6-litre twin-turbo flat-six was pumped up to 450bhp by incorporating larger K-24 Turbo�s and a different exhaust making it the firm's most powerful production engine yet. Only 180 or so cars were produced worldwide with UK production quoted at just 23 examples � these motor cars are extremely rare and sought after. This particular example offered for sale by Porsche Centre Swindon is one of the 23 original UK RHD cars and was originally supplied by us to its first owner on 9th March 1998. The Car is presented in the highly unusual colour Arena Red with full Classic Grey leather interior. It has an extensive equipment list of optional extras that were fitted from new, which are as follows: Windscreen with Grey Top Tint Third Brake Light Rear Wiper Six Speed Manual Gearbox Porsche Sound System Heated Front Seats Electric Windows Electric Sunroof Cobra Alarm System Automatic Climate Control Front driver and passenger airbags Automatic Brake Differential (ABD) Leather Interior Upgraded Becker Radio The car has an excellent service history, being carried out by Porsche throughout its life and will be having a major and extensive service here at Porsche Centre Swindon, prior to being offered for sale with a mere 34,135 Miles. It is presented in superb condition and has been looked after throughout its life by every one of its owners. This represents an opportunity to invest in a highly sought after and rare car that has to be the most desirable 993 Turbo S Coupe's currently on the market. Contact us for more information about the car and an appointment to view. We can also offer nationwide delivery.

Saw this the other day as they were inspecting it. Lovely car 8)

Stick on carbon and grey interior - Having a laugh :hand:

Nice car but unless it was going in a museum hardly depreciation proof :nooo:

Undoubtedly a 993 Turbo will hold its value but 130k is a bit overboard and may only have a resale of 70k if things in the market change slightly, its not worth 130k.

I'm still not sold on that 993 Thomas the Tank Engines face.

I think it's cheap, gotta keep the cartel pricing :thumbs:

Lovely car

infrasilver said:
Undoubtedly a 993 Turbo will hold its value but 130k is a bit overboard and may only have a resale of 70k if things in the market change slightly, its not worth 130k.

Depends on how you price rarity:

TURBO = 277 (7.6% of UK 993s)
TURBO S  = 23 (0.6% of UK 993s)

GT4 said:
infrasilver said:

Depends on how you price rarity:

TURBO = 277 (7.6% of UK 993s)
TURBO S  = 23 (0.6% of UK 993s)

Totally agree on its rarity (I missed the S off the above) I'm sure it won't stay on the forecourt long, but not sure its worth the 130 yet. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay though.

I think they should take off £50k for the abyssmal photos. They have managed to capture this beauty at the most unflattering of angles; it looks like the suspension has collapsed and its been to Halfords for a bodykit.

Market for S is very peculiar. Many Turbo S's I've seen have dangerously old tyres and move from car show to car show and that's it. £130k no thanks. £80-100k maybe. You can have 2 stunning Turbo's for the price of this S.

The carbon interior was standard (not stick-on) as was the lowered (and stiffened) suspension

...and I think we established they came with a reinforcing plate welded in round each of the front suspension towers i.e. on top of the regular metalwork, so visible if you peel back the boot carpet. These little plates are of course still available from Porsche...

Far too overpriced in my opinion - anyone willing to pay that kind of money for a turbo s is a complete mug.... :soapbox:

What's that? Oh yeah... :oops: :coat:

Back on topic though, it really grips my sh!t seeing ridiculous sticker prices like this for old metal. I can (just about) understand the 50-60k asked for a well sorted 993 turbo. Hell, I could even imagine myself being tempted to take the plunge one day, but asking for more than double the market value is just taking the p!ss, especially when it's adorned with all that halfrauds tat too :nooo:

Yes, but the price does include nationwide delivery.

:)

I suppose I should see what the will give me for my 964 PX.

Arena is not for me - clashes with the yellow callipers. The price is obviously aimed at a speculator rather than an enthusiast.

There's a quoted index for cars such as this and it's off the scale in terms of recent growth (although it has fallen back a few percent this year)- makes the recent gains in the stock market look puny.

991 GT3 + some options + some change vs that? :dont know: One of the two you wouldn't dare use though!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back