Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

[b]Christmas Quiz[/b] Well it's baffled me!

Avion100

Parked my C4S in the garage, passenger side tight to the wall.
This morning I unlocked the car but the lever on the door handle pulled straight back to the handle without releasing the door catch. Can't open the driver's door. The passenger door is too tight to the wall to get to, and all the windows are closed.
Jacking the rear of the car and moving it away from the wall would help with access to the passenger door, but I can only get to the jacking point on the driver's side.
I don't want to risk jacking the rear of the car under the engine.
Anyone got any good ideas. Merry Christmas.

Do you have the option of pressing and holding the unlock button to roll down the windows ?

Winny911 said:
Do you have the option of pressing and holding the unlock button to roll down the windows ?

I don't appear to have. Just tried it.
I'm wondering if I can open the passenger door enough to poke the window switch with a stick, but not sure if the ignition needs to be on.
Just going to study the handbook for a while.
Thanks for the suggestion

If you can open either door (enough to trigger the internal light) then the windows operate without the need for a key in the ignition. Also, try using your key in the door lock and hold it in the unlock position for a few seconds to see if that also drops the windows - I'd try this first.

Alex said:
If you can open either door (enough to trigger the internal light) then the windows operate without the need for a key in the ignition. Also, try using your key in the door lock and hold it in the unlock position for a few seconds to see if that also drops the windows - I'd try this first.
Tried with the key. No joy.

Managed to squeeze past the door far enough to open the door so that the interior lights came on, and poked the passenger window switch with a stick.
Success.
Managed to Houdini my top half and a walking stick through the window and hooked the drivers door handle.
Now I just need to fix the broken door catch release.

Many thanks to all for your help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back