Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Autosport International 2014, Birmingham NEC 9-12 Jan 2014

Adult tickets available from £31 and children's tickets priced at £20. For more information about the show, visit www.autosportinternational.com

Tickets are now on sale for the public show, which is held at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, on 9-12 January 2014. Adult tickets cost £31, with children's tickets priced at £20 (children under five years of age go free). Group tickets are also available. Paddock passes are available from £41, with VIP tickets £110.

For more ticket information call +44 (0)8445 811420 or visit www.autosportinternational.com

I was there yesterday, there was a lot of spare areas around, don't think they sold all the available space. Was surprised that Ginetta were missing - anyone know if they are doing OK?

The promotional girls were of very variable quality, one looked like Hilary Devey from Dragons Den and there was a very scary mature lady in leather police gear complete with handcuffs and peaked cap - I gave her a very wide berth.

Bubbles said:
I was there yesterday, there was a lot of spare areas around, don't think they sold all the available space. Was surprised that Ginetta were missing - anyone know if they are doing OK?

I was surprised that they weren't there, but have since realised that they are in Dubai running the 24hr race. So while they aren't doing so well in the race clearly all of the replacement bodywork that they sell is keeping the company in reasonable shape.

Bubbles said:
The promotional girls were of very variable quality, one looked like Hilary Devey from Dragons Den and there was a very scary mature lady in leather police gear complete with handcuffs and peaked cap - I gave her a very wide berth.

They always do vary though, so that is nothing new. There do seem to be ever fewer of them though - indeed fewer of everything this year. I was there Thursday and it was the quietest that I have seen it for a long time. I can't say that I found any that were scary, but I do admit that the older I get - the less I notice them. The main thing that I noticed with the models was that Team Dynamics have new ones (they have been using the same grid girls in the BTCC for about 8 years now, but apparently the era has ended). Maybe it is something to do with the switch to an estate car?...

Attachments

• asi2014_honda_292.jpg
    asi2014_honda_292.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 7,920
  • asi_bolton2_639.jpg
    asi_bolton2_639.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 7,920
  • asi_bolton1_884.jpg
    asi_bolton1_884.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 7,920
  • asi_blonde_130.jpg
    asi_blonde_130.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 7,920
  • asi_bmw_339.jpg
    asi_bmw_339.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 7,920
  • asi_pcgb3_386.jpg
    asi_pcgb3_386.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 7,920
  • asi_pcgb1_204.jpg
    asi_pcgb1_204.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 7,920
So far, Powerflex bushes look most likely to be receiving my attention.

:cloud9:

Disco said:
Bubbles said:

They always do vary though, so that is nothing new. There do seem to be ever fewer of them though - indeed fewer of everything this year. I was there Thursday and it was the quietest that I have seen it for a long time. I can't say that I found any that were scary, but I do admit that the older I get - the less I notice them. The main thing that I noticed with the models was that Team Dynamics have new ones (they have been using the same grid girls in the BTCC for about 8 years now, but apparently the era has ended). Maybe it is something to do with the switch to an estate car?...

I heard that some of the punters were a bit ropey as well. :lol:

Managed to grab a pic of this 993 in the Coys auction

Anyone get a pic of the Pipercross girl ?????

My views on where the Carrera Cup GB needs to improve for 2014 onwards, as IMHO the 2012 and 2013 years have not moved the series forward.

1. Take a leaf out of the BTCC rule book an introduce reverse grids for the 2nd race from a random finishing from the 1st race, which seems the most logical proposal.

2. Let the organisers have the opportunity to have a one off randomly selected reverse grid for every season, announced only on the day of the race or after qualifying has finished. To ensure there is interest from the Pro's at the back, in all categories this specific race would have double points on offer.

3. An alternative of point 2 but have the grid ordered only by the 3 group ProAm2, then ProAm1 and Pro (reverse group order) then in each group based on their grid positions.

4. Guest drivers in fact all any driver should always be eligible for championship score, which makes sure the leaders drivers still have to race for the win to get the full points and not be able to settle for 2nd and still get the full race winning points.

5. If there are insufficient number of racers in any category for any given race e.g. at least 4 or 5 participants then the drivers are automatically moved into the next category up for that race. Although it is technically not fault of their own that they have no one to compete again but racing is entertainment not to massage the ego's of drivers on the podium, ref, 2005 F1 USA Grand Prix.

6. At least 1 Pan European Carrera Cup race (ie bring together all of the European Carrera Cup racers together) and or hold the World Cup Race at the Nurburgring every 4 years (the Porsche Olympics!)

7. Take off the Big Cup Car wings, although not sure how would work out from a Corporate image position with Cars no doubt heading off track more regularly and with the governing body when you consider safety / power requirements.

8. The series needs at least one race a year with a celebrity (i.e. high profile) Guest Drivers, linked to Part 4 to bring in the crowds, after all Guest drivers in the early years did very well.

9. Do not introduce any form of pit stops or race ballast, since this would confuse the standard it sets across the globe.

10. A change of management in CCGB if the series doesn't improve with more cars on the grid and closer racing.

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back