Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are door-card speakers / cubby-holes interchangeable??

Space Cadet

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi, long story short I'm thinking about removing the woofers in the doors along with the amp in the frunk and all the cabling etc. and just running a set of new speakers in the dashboard & rear directly from a new head-unit.

If I disconnect the door woofers I've then got to either leave them in there, or remove them & blank off the hole, or ideally make a bit of storage room and retro-fit the cubby holes.

Is this possible, or would it mean complete new door-cards??

Thanks!

It will need new door cards. The bottom of the card is totally different.

Thanks, as feared then, was hoping there would be a cubbyhole insert to fill the hole left, or possibly just swap over the bottom of the door-cards.

Not bothered enough to go to the expense of replacing the whole cards, will just end up leaving the speakers in there then and disconnecting them at the head-unit end.

The bottom carpeted section of the door card has some clips & bonding to attach it to the top section. You can remove them, but it looks messy to replace, & it's unlikely you'll find the bottom section on it's own.

Unless you can find a bargain priced door card of the wrong colour, with pockets then it's probably not going to be worth the hassle. It would be far easier to swap the whole door card as others have mentioned, or just live with the grills.

Alternatively, if you're into 3D printing or know someone who is, it might be an opportunity to develop some custom cubby hole inserts to replace the speaker grills.

Thanks, all noted. Was hoping there would be part no. x that I could obtain and fit in the holes left. Think I'll end up just leaving the speakers in there but unconnected at the head-unit end.

Thanks again both.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back