Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Apple CarPlay retrofit into 911 C4S 991.1 2014

emmagw

Hi All
I am new to this forum and have just bought by first Porsche (911 C4S 2014 991.1). Does anyone know what the options of retrofitting/ upgrading to Apple CarPlay are please? Including costs and if there is anywhere that does it. Thank you! Emma

Hi Emma,

Welcome! I've just fitted the NM Automotive carplay kit to my 991.1 PCM (see link below) it was the best option i could find without going aftermarket.
Took me about 3 hours to do and pretty fiddly but i'm sure a good local audio installer would do it for a reasonable fee.

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto

That's really helpful! Thank you. Will look into who might be able to fit it.

Thanks Jungle. I have saved the link- very thorough and useful. I certainly won't be fitting myself so will do some digging into professionals in the south of England.

That's really helpful! Thank you. Will look into who might be able to fit it.

Hi Emma,

I also went for the NM Automotive kit. It's very good, and discreet too. I had mine fitted by a chap in Milton Keynes (incarelectrics) who was very good. I believe that Sextons in London have also done a lot of installations.

This PCB is the alternative to having the external box hidden away behind the dash and still also requires the PCM unit to be opened up.

I'd be inclined to buy the PCB and get it professionally fitted. One chap on PistonHeads did a DIY into his Boxster and, according to him as an ethusiastic novice he could do it again in 20 mins 8)

Hmmmm very tempting!

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Ian_C said:
Hi Emma,

I also went for the NM Automotive kit. It's very good, and discreet too. I had mine fitted by a chap in Milton Keynes (incarelectrics) who was very good. I believe that Sextons in London have also done a lot of installations.

I'm near Willen Lake so finding someone in MK who has done one before is very helpful! Can I ask what the total cost was?

https://sextonslondon.co.uk

These are the guys I used, based in London. They were recommended by NM and I can also recommend them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back