Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone replaced a door seal?

MartC

The lower edge of my drivers side door seal is wearing a bit thin, probably from previous owners getting in and out.

Bought a new seal, also referred to as a gasket from an OPC ready to embark on replacement.
Current weather has put me off starting it and the top part of the seal looks more complex than I imagined.

Has anyone replaced one?

Il, try and attach a picture to show the exact part. It's shaded green in the diagram.

Attachments

• e8ca2fb5_ee2b_4b46_bc75_b381fcd0b02f_197.jpeg
    e8ca2fb5_ee2b_4b46_bc75_b381fcd0b02f_197.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 616
pzero said:
Some excellent infor here from 911Time;

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1608775

Whilst not a post on how to replace the seal, I would tend to agree the 'lube/restore' option is the first thing to do before a full replacement. I can't see how getting in and out of the car would abrade that seal, it's more likely the door closing on it.

Interested to see a photo tho...

Thanks for the link. I'd had a good read through that post and meant say I'd done a lot of searching before posting. Couldn't find any previous references though.
It's reminded me to get some of that rubber lube, ooer for the other side

Maybe you're right OttoOtto. Could be the action of closing the door rather than shoe wear.

Decided to put my big boy pants on and have a go today.
Not the most complex job, but a little tricky in areas and knowing which part of the seal to insert first would have certainly helped. A bit of trial and error and it was done in less than an hour.
Chuffed with the result.

I never think to take photos as I'm going but could happily give someone some pointers if needed. Having looked around a few cars before this one, there's a few knackered door seals out there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back