Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone heard of this creaky windscreen fix?

Zuffenhausen :O)

Singapore
And did it work?

Guys over on Rennlist have used / been using some OPC available 'Rope' a 996 part to stop the creaking, didn't know there was such a thing.

Thread Here

And theres more

Edit: thread addition.

Hi Zuff,

had this fitted to my car some years ago. Was designed for the 996 and Porsche's instructions included wetting the rope with water. Didn't work for me, removed it years ago.

Regards
GR

Zuffs.....have you or anyone elas tried a teflon spray?.....I get the occaisional creak after and during rain but it's fine rest of the time but thought I might give it good squirt under the seal.....

Have it mine (the rope that is). It helps to a degree but teflon tape and said rope cured it entirely.

This 'rope'... is it a blue foamy-looking thing?

If it is, I've only ever seen it once on a 996 GT2.

madalaa said:
Zuffs.....have you or anyone elas tried a teflon spray?.....I get the occaisional creak after and during rain but it's fine rest of the time but thought I might give it good squirt under the seal.....

PFTE teflon spray works a treat for me, and guaranteed we have worse weather than you :grin:
Needs doing 3/4 times a year but only takes 10 mins max with a wooden lolly stick and can of spray.

Cheers
Paul :thumb:

Helsinki Paul said:
madalaa said:

PFTE teflon spray works a treat for me, and guaranteed we have worse weather than you :grin:
Needs doing 3/4 times a year but only takes 10 mins max with a wooden lolly stick and can of spray.

Cheers
Paul :thumb:

+1 I do it twice a year. Pedros Ice wax from the mountain biking world

...I got round to using the teflon spray a few weeks back and the screen has not made a sound since.....brilliant stuff.....:)

hi there,

had this problem when I lived int he UK and all started when I got my front screen replaced and my front screen start squeaking and was driving me mad.

OPC L ondon fixed by appling that teflon thing on it and been a star ever since.

Best,

GP

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchrysos
Back