Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice required: Should I sell my 991 C2S for 997 GTS ?

Cedric84

Good evening,

I would like your advice about selling my 991 C2S PDK for a 997 GTS PDK ?
I'm the happy owner of a 991 C2S PDK from 2012 with 57000 miles. I use my car as a second car toy.
I was looking at a 997 GTS with approx 70000 miles at around 55k£.

2 raisons on my mind:
- Have a more diver focus car with the hydraulic steering and the shorter size factor.
- Having a car who will 'hold" better the value. I'm not looking the car as investment but a car I would enjoy without loosing to much value.

Let me know what you think

I think they'll both hold their value very well. Take a 997 for a drive. I love both TBH.

We have both a 997 and 991 so a tad spoilt. 991 better built I'd say. I loved the 991 C2S I had some seat time in. I think with PDK I'd have 991 over our 997 with PDK which we had back in the day. If it was a manual I'd go 997.

Welcome to 911UK :thumbs:

I've just changed from a 991.1 C2S 2012 to a 991.1 GTS 2015, which I have to say is amazing and can be had for £70 - £75k, at the moment. I owned my 991 3 years and it held its value incredibly well, but the resurgence in the market definitely helped!

Personally speaking, I feel we are reaching the peak of the general 911 model market, but difficult to know if it will drop, or just plateau. If you are keen to have a change, then now would seem to be a good time to sell and wait to see if prices decline.

I think you would be disappointed with the PDK in the 997, but the manuals are excellent and much more rewarding to drive!

Good luck :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
I think you would be disappointed with the PDK in the 997, but the manuals are excellent and much more rewarding to drive!

From a mechanics perspective .. the PDK box has evolved and is better now in the 991... not so " harsh " perhaps .. i as above think a manual box would be better if going down this route .

Just be careful you don't fall into the 'can't drive the car much as the extra miles is affecting the value club" which often happens with the GT cars. They can can end up being garage queens :eek: :nooo:

Ridders said:
Just be careful you don't fall into the 'can't drive the car much as the extra miles is affecting the value club" which often happens with the GT cars. They can can end up being garage queens :eek: :nooo:

Thanks Ridders, I definitely want to avoid this situation. What the point have a Porsche if it is to keep it in the garage.

991.1 PDK all day long over a 997 PDK.

Mulling over a 997 GTS with 70k miles v a 991.1 with PDK? As has been said, the GTS needs to be manual if it's a 997

Cedric84 said:
2 raisons on my mind:
- Have a more diver focus car with the hydraulic steering and the shorter size factor.
- Having a car who will 'hold" better the value. I'm not looking the car as investment but a car I would enjoy without loosing to much value.

Let me know what you think

I've driven loads of 997s and 991s and I've never noticed the extra 56mm (2.2 inches) in length. :puh: I doubt that you would either. The 997 GTS is actually wider than yours.

Neither car will depreciate significantly from where they are now but adding miles to a car with 70k already on it will make it less desirable.

They're both great cars but if you drive the 997 I think you'll end up keeping yours.

Hi Cedric
Please drive both and decide and let us know what you decide

Whilst I agree with most comments, my opinions can be different to the common view

I find the 997 dated especially at the rear,I prefer the electric steering because its sharper and faster than hydraulic
so I would always go 991 but that's just me

By the way do you need 4 seats? If not 981 Cayman S could be a good choice at 55K

Don't understand this obsession with GTS's. My 991 4S has most of the extras of the GTS except the 5% extra power. I see them as parts bin specials, not worth the huge mark up. The 991 is not a progression of the 997 but a completely new design, far superior.

Dizzy991 said:
Don't understand this obsession with GTS's. My 991 4S has most of the extras of the GTS except the 5% extra power. I see them as parts bin specials, not worth the huge mark up.

The earlier GTS cars (before they became part of the launch line-up) will always be more desirable, due to the cache of relatively low production numbers.

STICK or TWIST :?:

My vote goes to STICK.

Can't see what you actually have to gain by buying an older, 1 gen behind car.

I'd stay where you are. Everything is a step forward in the 991.

Having enjoyed a high spec 997.2 C2S for a number of years and then moving into 991s, i could never go back. As brilliant as the 997.2s are, the 991s are just so much better. I was blown away by how much better the first time I tracked my 991(GTS) in terms of handling, balance and power. It's a definite stick from me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back