Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adrian F@cks - rant!!

Get written proof from the motability scheme/insurer that there had been cover in place for 6 years and no claims have been made, it would also be beneficial to have a copy of the proof of NCD prior to switching to motability.
With evidence of both you may be able to find a sympathetic insurer.

Given the legal requirement for Insurance and the overall cost of it across the UK, I remain astounded that it is so unregulated.

Basically they can do whatever they want with/to you, with lots of "gotcha's" at every turn.

Some want only older geezers, some don't want men under 25, some prefer women, some will not insure disabled people, some wont insure you if your unemployed, some wont insure you if you have a Porsche or 6 points.......blah blah

In other words it is a minefield of robbers who use every tactic they can to get money out of you or tell you to ££££bu**er off.

They ramp up premiums not just for risk but also because they don't actually want people outside of their comfort zone.

On the subject of Insurance. mine is due for re newal in March. I am currently with AVIVA and when I changed from my old car to the Porsche I had to pay an extra £80 for the remainder of the term...BUT :eek: they added a £600 compulsory excess :nooo: I said thanks for sorting this out but please be aware that if you still add the £600 compulsory excess at re-newal i will NOT be renewing with you.

So I get some quotes on Go compare, Direct line etc and find that most of the insurers add a compulsory excess from £350 - £850...What's this all about, do any of your policies have this :?:

I am 52 with 15 years NCB (but as per previous post can only prove 7) and a very experienced driver :dont know:

Another question: Am I able to request who fixes my car if involved in an accident (read Porshe approve repairer) or do I have to go to who ever the Insurance company approves, as I sure I read somewhere that it is my choice?

Don't know what the situation in Northern Ireland is now but years ago only two companies would insure and guess what that cost,

Netnomad said:
On the subject of Insurance. mine is due for re newal in March. I am currently with AVIVA and when I changed from my old car to the Porsche I had to pay an extra £80 for the remainder of the term...BUT :eek: they added a £600 compulsory excess :nooo: I said thanks for sorting this out but please be aware that if you still add the £600 compulsory excess at re-newal i will NOT be renewing with you.

So I get some quotes on Go compare, Direct line etc and find that most of the insurers add a compulsory excess from £350 - £850...What's this all about, do any of your policies have this :?:

I am 52 with 15 years NCB (but as per previous post can only prove 7) and a very experienced driver :dont know:

Another question: Am I able to request who fixes my car if involved in an accident (read Porshe approve repairer) or do I have to go to who ever the Insurance company approves, as I sure I read somewhere that it is my choice?

You have some flexibility with them in terms of who fixes it but ultimately they will pay the bill, so they call the tune.

I think the fact that you look a bit like Graham Hill in your signature may put them off a bit....hence the £850 excess :) :wink:

carruthers said:
Don't know what the situation in Northern Ireland is now but years ago only two companies would insure and guess what that cost,

A lot :dont know:

wizard993 said:
I think the fact that you look a bit like Graham Hill in your signature may put them off a bit....hence the £850 excess :) :wink:

Graham Hill!!! That's Errol Flyn I'll have you know :D

After a long call and lots of (unnecessary) questions.... They quoted me over £1,100!!!!!!

No thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back