Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A pillar trim removal

Paynewright

Montreal
As part of the ongoing quest to sort the jangly rattle emanating from the dash, I want to remove the trim just below the windscreen on the LHS. I understand the A pillar trim (and vent) need to come off first.

I can take the dash vent off easily but have been unable to find any guides on A pillar trim removal. Looks like the B pillar coat hook and possible seat belt need to come off first but have no idea. Direction of pull/push and knowledge of hidden clips / screws essential to safe removal (as I have found to my cost in the past)

Hints, tips and links greatly appreciated!

Ian

I took the LHS A pillar trim off a couple of weeks ago. I found a rennlist or similar post that helped.

Coat hook comes off to reveal a metal clip/bracket that holds the edge of the A pillar, B pillar and rear (C Pillar?) trim. Once that bracket is removed, firm pulls along the top edge of the trim to pop the clips out is required. The front/bottom edge slots into a hole in the end of the dash.

Hope that helps.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back