Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A bit of a 992 story with photos....

findtom said:
Morning all. Norfolk and Idea, yep the colour is stunning and the photos don't do it justice. It looks much deeper in real life and is now my favourite Porsche colour.

Zingari, I'm going to be controversial and say that I like the clock and the EU flag! It isn't obvious how nice the clocks are, (I'm include the centre analog dial too). They have a finish that the camera doesn't capture, a tiny bit like a well made watch?

And yes, I'm keeping the euro flag, as a reminder of our folly.... :D

Lovely looking car... Good for you keeping the EU plates to remind us of the folly of Brexit. They will also be re-handy for when we rejoin. Those clocks are making me think about my spec again.. Spyder wheels are lovely but not sure about £800 more than the Carrera 2 wheels which are also nice. Porsche certainly know how to charge for extras. I set myself a £120k budget (Targa 4S) and its been a struggle after the obligatory Sport Chrono and Sports Exhaust and Bose. Dealer not budging on discounts...

Short update. The car still continues to impress. Sports exhaust is 100% getting louder and I was quite happy with it until I sat behind a 991.1 on a drive recently. I was reminded just how good a 991.1 sounds.... Oddly, the driver then followed me down a twisty road where he reported his surprise at the amount of great noise coming from the 992. I suspected this would be the case, but it's still not the same amazing noise that comes from a 991.1...

Attachments

• img_0204_424.jpg
    img_0204_424.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7,237
Little update after nearly 16 months of ownership and 5k miles. I sold the car last week for a small profit.

Utterly amazing car that I specced exactly the way I wanted to build it. I took a risk adding so much spec (over £30k) to the car, but it was worth every penny and I enjoyed every moment I spent in it.

I strongly recommend the rear steer, alcantara roof/sun visors, PCCBs and sport tex 18 way seats. They made a good car even better.

Things to avoid if you are reading this and want spec info, NO NOT BUY PSP+. It is utter rubbish and ruins the car. I drove a 992 with it recently and couldn't figure out why it drove so badly until the owner said it had PSP+. He drove mine and has his car booked in with the OPC to remove PSP+.

I'll start a new thread soon, but thought it worth an update. After 16 months of waiting:

Attachments

• 115eeed6_080b_4698_a0b0_f01d6d073c0f_514.jpeg
    115eeed6_080b_4698_a0b0_f01d6d073c0f_514.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 2,175
doh I only saw and replied to the original post.
This waiting for new cars to be built business is madness.
I got impatient and bought an ex demo when i got my Landy and even then they told me 8 weeks wait and no disocunt even though i was owner number 2

findtom said:
I'll start a new thread soon, but thought it worth an update. After 16 months of waiting:

Hi Tom, hope you're well!

Heck of a wait but that pic, WOW! Look forward to hearing more. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back