Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 targa in "interesting" colour scheme

LeopoldStotch

Silverstone
I'm weirdly hypnotised by this car. I'd love a green 997 with a tan interior, but I'm not sure this is the right shade of either.

https://themarket.bonhams.com/en/li...268bf-91af-4a1c-bb82-37ab66b63a8b?status=live

It was on ebay about 6 years ago for £37,500, and the seller at the time was a bit coy about it being Cat D.

Maybe at £25k I'd put my targa reservations aside and a set of Sport Classic rims on it but £30k+ for a 13 year old Cat D 911 is a bit strong, even for a Gen 2 997.

Thoughts?

Looks like a nice Sunday car, and 8000 miles in 8 years doesn't sound like it's been loved by a driver, but kept as more of a garage queen as part of a collection. There can't be too many 3.6 Targa4s out there if you like rare things.

I meant to post about this last night after studying the photos, (like you do right?...).

It's a gorgeous colour and being a Targa also.....

But......it's on what looks like winter tyres? The passenger side lower edge of the bumper has been re-sprayed body colour, but not the driver side, and the rubber lip looks iffy, chipped passenger side headlamp, rear drivers side passenger trim not fitted properly hence I guess all the black marks on inside edge of drivers door?, also front passenger footwell carpet trim similar, no trim strips either side under frunk lid, delaminating rear screen, all the marks on the leather/carpet in the rear, and then underneath......broken under-trays, a lot of oil, front coolant pipes......next owner has a bill coming.....

And if my eyes are not deceiving it had it's first service outside of OPC or Indy at 28K miles and 4+ years?

You'd think someone would have 'prepped' the car?

"I'm Out!"

Absolutely love the colour myself. Would have been even nice had they originally ordered the two-tone interior with the black dash and door tops.

Any "cat" car would put me off personally.

Some eagle eyed fault finding there JSP330 - I need to take you the next time I buy a jalopy because I think the colour is pretty...

I love the colour, but I can't stomach going from a manual (gen 1) C4S to a PDK targa 4. And more importantly, the owners answers to bidders questions is putting me right off it.

Who buys or repairs a Cat D car without keeping photos? I use an indy, but who uses a Mercedes indy to service a 997? And even more importantly "there's never any signs of an oil , even if the car has been standing for months." Yikes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back