Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 audio upgrade advice

galahad

Silverstone
Hi all,
I have recently acquired a 2007 997.1 GT3 which has the CDR24 head unit and 'Sound Package Plus' factory audio upgrade.

I'd like to fit a new CarPlay double DIN head unit and may later upgrade the speakers, depending how it sounds.

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

1.) Who makes the best facia to match the OEM slightly textured grey AC controls?

2.) Which wiring loom adaptor(s) do I need. I don't have steering wheel controls to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't know that anything much else other than the PCM2.1 was fitted to 997s.

I recently upgraded my non-Bose PCM2.1 audio system to a Kenwood DMX-5020DABS.

I ordered the following fitting kit from Incartec FK-9591-SWC for £116 in October. It is the one with the steering wheel control wiring even though I didn't have the steering wheel controls in my car and didn't get it retrofitted either. My fitter suggested that one was the right choice as it would have the wiring for reverse gear so that my reversing camera could also be fitted. You may not need this.

I also ordered the DAB aerial from there and went for the windscreen mounted 70-923 which has been fine.

I didn't need a MOST optical adaptor as I didn't have Bose. I do have the Sound Package Plus though.

The fascia colour match was decent (see pic).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• img_5266_318.jpg
    img_5266_318.jpg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 1,219
That looks great!

I'll drop InCarTec a line.

Cheers

PCCM plus is due out this year for the 997.1 - I plan on waiting to see how it performs

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back