Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 original becker amplifier - suspected faulty

James03C4S

Hi

I have an original becker amplifier found in some of the 996 models depending on which of the many sound systems were fitted. It's for the 6 speaker fibre optic system and connects to a pcm2. But not the bose system. Its come out of my 03 carrera 4 s.

Im not sure which other head units this will connect to as when I was looking for replacements it looks like a bit of a mine field. But assuming yours has the fibre optic connection and right harness then I would think it would be fine.

Only other one I can see for sale on ebay is over £550.
As mine has a fault I'm listing it for £300. But could be a very simple fix for someone who knows what they're doing with these types of thing.

I did find a company that can repair these but I didn't bother going through with that as I persuaded the dealer I bought the car from to replace it at a cost of £600 at the time.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks.
James

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back