Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4s Coupe engine lid and spoiler problem

Again good advice. Thanks. When I open up the geared assembly which is driven by the motor, which is this switch! Is it the central one? I wonder if I've moved something or even got grease on the contacts...

Aghhh yes you have jogged my memory .. x3 switches ..

1 = up / down
1= down / up
1= high lvl brake light switch

x2 Plastic shafts with gear teeth and a small cut out on each end ..
As each shaft moves back and forth it will close x1 switch and leave the other open when at full travel , this is the up and down instruction for the instrument cluster so it knows spoiler position.

Switchs can fail .. check with ohm meter ..
Case can distort .. no easy fix there im afraid
Or they can get out of sync if removed and not put back so they are the same distance appart .. markings to align them i belive.

Dont rember which switch is high lvl brake off hand but pretty easy to work out .. ign on and press each one in turn lol.

That's been the most useful advice so far! I reckon I now know the fault. One micro switch doesn't "click".

The marks you mention for setting it up. Do you remember whether hey are to be lined up with the end of each toothed slide at the arrows, or is there another method?

Im afraid i really cant rember , been years since i touched one but all you are attempting to do is make them equal so that as one switch is open then the other is closed , theres marks on the case , you could try lining the ends of the shafts with these but im not sure if correct or not.

Not helpfull this time , sorry guv :(

Thanks again for the advice. Tried my best to fix it all with used parts but I've admitted defeat (only because of the lack of supplies of parts) and have ordered a new spoiler mechanism from Porsche Glasgow. Not cheap but their service was faultless.

Hi all.

I finally have this job finished and the OEM rear spoiler fitted and working!

So - if anyone would like to buy a TechArt Type III rear wing which will fit a 996 or 997 then I have one available for sale!

Advert here:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=114698

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back