Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale 996 C2 PB Coilovers in pwo

Car, parts, accessories, number plates and all sorts for sale.

Parsley

Sao Paulo
Removing these currently from my C2. In pwo, no leaks. These are adjustable and surprisingly supple on the road. They have been on about 3 years and done about 5k. They are only being removed as I have purchased some Ohlins at a good price. Pics to follow. I would say these are the best budget Coilovers out there. Look on the net you should find a few reviews. £500 plus postage.

Careful with Ohlins, I would recommend MUCH softer springs if you are using it on the road. PM me if you would like to talk it through.

Careful with Ohlins, I would recommend MUCH softer springs if you are using it on the road. PM me if you would like to talk it through.
Yes I've read various things on how the springs are too hard for the road so will see how I go. The roads where I live are not particularly conventional and the car can be driven, how shall we say "reasonably hard and fast" so unsure at this stage what they will be like. I'm prepared to have to remove the springs though and fit softer ones. Cheers for the heads up though.

Removing these currently from my C2. In pwo, no leaks. These are adjustable and surprisingly supple on the road. They have been on about 3 years and done about 5k. They are only being removed as I have purchased some Ohlins at a good price. Pics to follow. I would say these are the best budget Coilovers out there. Look on the net you should find a few reviews. £500 plus postage.
Hi, just to clarify, do these come with top mounts and springs ( road rated )? Are they 1 or 2 way adjustable? Would they be suitable for a cabriolet? Thank you.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about with the Ohlins springs ??? I have the standard supplied front and rear springs fitted and it's perfectly fine. People seem to be saying that fitting the standard springs ruins the car. It does not !!!

I purchased them brand new so not like they've worn in a little.

I personally think they are great, massively better than the KW V3's I removed to fit the Ohlins. I fitted them myself and then took the car down to Centre Gravity for a full geo setup, and even Chris really liked the way the car felt.

FYI, i only use the car on A and B roads and I have no complaints at all.

Get them and enjoy them, they are an excellent piece of kit.

Hi, just to clarify, do these come with top mounts and springs ( road rated )? Are they 1 or 2 way adjustable? Would they be suitable for a cabriolet? Thank you.
These do come with top mounts and springs. They come with the adjuster's for the damping and obviously spring platform adjusts for ride height. They are suitable for a cabriolet. The springs are perfect for road use. As stated above I found them nice and supple on the road. The damping adjustment makes a big difference how firm the ride is.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about with the Ohlins springs ??? I have the standard supplied front and rear springs fitted and it's perfectly fine. People seem to be saying that fitting the standard springs ruins the car. It does not !!!

I purchased them brand new so not like they've worn in a little.

I personally think they are great, massively better than the KW V3's I removed to fit the Ohlins. I fitted them myself and then took the car down to Centre Gravity for a full geo setup, and even Chris really liked the way the car felt.

FYI, i only use the car on A and B roads and I have no complaints at all.

Get them and enjoy them, they are an excellent piece of kit.
That's great to know. I will certainly be using the standard springs and see how I get on. The spring rates are actually GT3 ones so a bit firmer than standard on the rear so I believe. I often think the damping adjustment can be a little overlooked sometimes. Anyway it will be interesting to see how they are.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back