Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 GT3 wheel question

IanG1

Monza
Had a search and can't seem to find anything conclusive.

Did the 996.1 GT3 come fitted with 5mm wheel spacer from the factory and where the rear arch lips rolled compared to a 996.1 C2 which are not.

I'm trying to replicate the stance on my C2 but I have the 7.5J rim on the front and the correct 10J rim on the rear so want to space out accordingly?

Any replies appreciated

IanG1 said:

Did the 996.1 GT3 come fitted with 5mm wheel spacer from the factory and where the rear arch lips rolled compared to a 996.1 C2 which are not.

I'm trying to replicate the stance on my C2 but I have the 7.5J rim on the front and the correct 10J rim on the rear so want to space out accordingly?

Any replies appreciated

From memory the rear had a 5mm spacer.

(I have a set of proper size MK1 GT3 wheels in my garage in need to a full refurb doing nothing?)

IanG1 said:

Any replies appreciated

Sure it has 5mm spacers, the 996.2 had arches rolled on all models not sure about the 996.1 tho.

5mm won't make much of a visual difference I'd be looking at 7/10mm front 12/17mm rear 👍

Gt3Owl said:
Sure it has 5mm spacers, the 996.2 had arches rolled on all models not sure about the 996.1 tho.

5mm won't make much of a visual difference I'd be looking at 7/10mm front 12/17mm rear 👍

Not looking at fitting 5mm spacers really want to space the narrower 7.5J wheel out to the same as an 8J with 5mm spacer if that makes sense so need more than 7/10mm. On the rear with my 30mm drop I wouldn't get a 12/17mm on without fouling the unrolled arch edge.

Been playing on will they fit and think I am going to go 15mm front and 7mm rear which should achieve the look I am after.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back