Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

966,1 cab C2 manual

That looks so nice. Just bought one, over the phone, so havn't seen it in the flesh but the owner sounds genuine and the history etc sounds good.
Pick it up next week and wife says I am like a little boy, I can't see anything wrong with that!!! :thumb:

Dammit - who's doing your roof and how much is it costing, if you don't mind me asking...

Osh

The painter (Barry, of Multitech) has a brother whose business is literally across the courtyard of their industrial estate, said brothers business is an upholsterers - they're fitting the roof, which is indeed one of the BAS ones.

So far, work has been £4,806 - there's a little more to come as they're painting some side-repeaters to match the headlights.

The roof and associated trimming is ~£1,500, but I would expect that to come in slightly higher given that I've asked them to modify the drivers seat (to lower the driving position).

Lots of piccies of that nice new roof please m8 :thumb:

Osh

Dammit, I had missed this thread until today so have just read the whole lot, I must say what a labour of love and a very impressive result the car looks great . very nice job :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Dammit, I had missed this thread until today so have just read the whole lot, I must say what a labour of love and a very impressive result the car looks great . very nice job :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Thanks Phil, it's not been cheap - inspired by Alex I've just updated my spreadsheet and can reveal that when I get this back it'll represent 40k of outlay - which I admit is insane, considering what it would sell for.

Dammit said:
Thanks Phil, it's not been cheap - inspired by Alex I've just updated my spreadsheet and can reveal that when I get this back it'll represent 40k of outlay - which I admit is insane, considering what it would sell for.

Just look at the brilliant car you have for your money and enjoy it, after all you're not selling it. However, can you get some sort of agreed value Insurance?

I honestly don't know, I'm just with Admiral at the moment which I suspect means I'd get ~£10k if the car burned to the axles.

Who should I insure with, come my renewal in August?

My car is insured with Hiscox on an agreed value policy of £28k. Costs me £300 a year for 5k mileage limit. PM me if you want my broker's details.

Mine are with Classicline. I'm 48 living in the SE.

The 997.2 with an agreed £50k is £675 , the 996 is only £324, I think I put is value at £12k.
We just renewed the Q7 which was with Admiral and coming in around a grand with the comparison sites, Classicline added it as an additional vehicle for £550 as I had the Porsches with them. All of their policies include European breakdown too.

I'm sure you wont be interested Dammit but they also include UK track-day cover in those prices.

The best thing was my renewal this week on the 997.2 came in around the same as last year, I upped the agreed value by £2k and added my wife to the policy, no extra charged. I think I may have found a company that wants to keep my business. Top marks!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back