Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 parts prices and other costs - ouch!

They are quoting (hopefully providing) a Genuine Porsche evaporator, these are made by Hella.....................

ras62 said:
Ask Johnny yourself when you take your old girl for its annual fifty mile service :wink:
Its a days labour, central electrics moved, petrol tank moved and firewall out before the fan assembly comes out.

No need, I've already had it done :wink:, he works long days lol

Counter Of Beans said:
ras62 said:
Ask Johnny yourself when you take your old girl for its annual fifty mile service :wink:
Its a days labour, central electrics moved, petrol tank moved and firewall out before the fan assembly comes out.

I hope Precision Porsche don't mind me sharing these details; if they do they can just let me know and I'll edit the details out. I'm unsure of the etiquette here, especially given they advertise on here.

Anyway, I spoke to them yesterday. There may have been an error in the £3.3k estimate - when asked, it seems that £2.6k is nearer what is expected.
That's still a long way from the £1k mentioned in this thread.
PP say it's 12 hours labour, the evaporator they use is is £660 then there's the receiver drier, expansion valve, O rings and gaskets plus re-gas. They may have included a new condenser in the total too; not sure. I get the feeling they don't use cheap parts, and who am I to argue? Like I said, they are the experts, not me.

It all seems a bit of a minefield, I must say. What I didn't realise is just how much of a nonsense Porsche parts pricing is, to put it politely.

That will be Porsche pricing. The same part is online for much less, e.g. Rosepassion charge 448 Euro inclusive of VAT and there are other options for less.

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/part...er-option-code-m573-96457301300-400-584-47190

ras62 said:
Counter Of Beans said:
ras62 said:

I hope Precision Porsche don't mind me sharing these details; if they do they can just let me know and I'll edit the details out. I'm unsure of the etiquette here, especially given they advertise on here.

Anyway, I spoke to them yesterday. There may have been an error in the £3.3k estimate - when asked, it seems that £2.6k is nearer what is expected.
That's still a long way from the £1k mentioned in this thread.
PP say it's 12 hours labour, the evaporator they use is is £660 then there's the receiver drier, expansion valve, O rings and gaskets plus re-gas. They may have included a new condenser in the total too; not sure. I get the feeling they don't use cheap parts, and who am I to argue? Like I said, they are the experts, not me.

It all seems a bit of a minefield, I must say. What I didn't realise is just how much of a nonsense Porsche parts pricing is, to put it politely.

That will be Porsche pricing. The same part is online for much less, e.g. Rosepassion charge 448 Euro inclusive of VAT and there are other options for less.

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/part...er-option-code-m573-96457301300-400-584-47190

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hella parts, which is what will be in the Porsche box, are about £200 for the evap, drier and valve. Porsche would be £850.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back