Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 model guide

Luddite

Indianapolis
One for the 993 officianados to try to pick holes in, all be it with an American bias, on the other hand I reckon the presenter is a REAL Porsche expert..

Not loaded by PCA as yet, but coming soon

This is an impressive piece of work, really very comprehensive and knowledgeable. I am probably heavily biased, but I miss a short note within the interior section on the possible ventilation system weaknesses, mainly possible worn-out fan- and servo motors, as well as the 993-specific tendency of a failing evaporator. I know A/C is the most common option in the US, but it could mention that the 993 also was available without the A/C option.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to let me know that you thought the vid worth posting ToreB. I am pretty sure that Nathan Merz is the kind of guy that would appreciate your comments if you cared to share it in the vid`s comment section..

Thanks Luddite, I’ve added it to my thread in the 993 faq section

As mentioned in the vid in the early part this is USA biased. One of those is the 2S variant being more valuable than the 4S. In the USA that is true but in the UK it’s the opposite. This is purely down to numbers ie the UK was unusual in that a lot less 4S where sold than 2S (they where quite a bit more expensive in the UK).

Thanks for responding to the vid posting jonttt, I suspected you might have an interest in this vid, given the likely time and effort you have put in to creating your 993 resource for everyone.👍

Well I love 993's and can enjoy most car videos on youtube but that guy had me snoring 5 mins in.

I can well understand that A993Lad, however there will be those who like to learn as much as possible about both Porsche in general, and of course the 993, and with some degree of confidence in that, I thought the vid URL worth posting... As ever, each to their own.

Addendum to the 993 guide.
Nathan Merz was questioned by PCA guys on his knowledge of the 993 and other Porsches which I found to be quite an interesting discussion. There were some interesting snippits (well I found them interesting :) ) such as short shift kits seem not to be in favour, and that 993 headlights may be less than ideal... Also it seems Nathan seems rather fond of the 928.... Perhaps the last one may have some effect on the UK 928 Market...:unsure:
Best avoid the dross and beam in at 17:00...?

DUH.. posted wrong URL..Sorry, this is the correct link... I hope.... Join at 17 mins in.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back