Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Front Fog Lights - Solutions

Thelaughingmagpie

Hello, i've managed to crack one of the front fog lamp glasses on the car. It's understandable as it's a 24 year old car. I understand I need to change both left and right as even Stevie Wonder would see if I replaced just the broken one. I can see on design911 there is a cheaper part - made by URO parts

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod135301/Fog-Lamp-Unit-Front-Porsche-993-URO-Brand/

Has anyone used this part? I realise Hella make the OEM part and I think it was used on the Audi RS2.

I also see Hella sells the lens which you then put the light in the oven to remove the glass!

Pretty sure at least a couple of 911ukers have replaced just the lens and also used it as an opportunity to paint the inside silver of chromed etc to make sidelights look better.

I just did a search on the 993 forum for the word fog and found quite a few.

I bought a new pair, then shortly afterwards, upgraded to rs ducts. Want to buy them?

[Now sold]

Hella lenses are about £95 on eBay. I'm lining up a lens refresh and chrome paint soon, like many others have done.

It's on the list after a few other mods.

I bought Turbo S ducts and spray painted them; I think they look really good, and I much prefer the look to the foglights. New parts were £100 and the plastic primer, spray paint and spray laquer cost another £30.
I will remove the glass from the old foglights (bake in oven for a few minutes at 120 Celcius) and spray the inside chrome, and if I damage the old glass on removal (I probably will, by all accounts) I'll think about buying new lenses. I always try to keep old parts in case I decide to go back to original.

Fog Light Lens

According to Design 911 (www.design911.com) there is a replacement lens which involves putting the unit in the oven at 200 deg F for 10-12 minutes. Can anyone talk me through this as it seems drastic?

add me to the list of owners with these kicking around spare, id envisage you'll pick up one/pair cheap/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back