Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Carrera S Artic & Chestnut

JsyReg

An unusual combination on this Carrera S, Artic Silver with a Chestnut interior that Hairpin are selling - I rather like it - what are others thoughts?

Attachments

• porche_911_993_carrera_2s_manual_1997_side_profile_359.jpg
    porche_911_993_carrera_2s_manual_1997_side_profile_359.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 1,613
  • 1997_porsche_911_993_c2s_seats_806.jpg
    1997_porsche_911_993_c2s_seats_806.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,613
  • 1997_porsche_911_993_c2s_dash_221.jpg
    1997_porsche_911_993_c2s_dash_221.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,613
It does not look too bad but not the most desirable.

Not sure I could live with that interior. Seats and doors maybe but dash and steering wheel, no.

I think you would need to see it in the flesh. Porsche did go a little overboard with the extend of the colours with not enough 2 tone to balance it out. That can be easily rectified however with an OEM steering wheel and car mats ;-)

As far as I'm concerned it's not Moody (Metropole) Blue so in my eyes that interior is a winner :thumb:

No AC :eek: Epic fail.

Stunning best combo there is, looks even better in the flesh. Some would try and fit black seats, no need!

I rather like that. The only thing I might be inclined to change is the steering wheel for a three spoke, non airbag version. I like the matching dash though, think it works well with the artic silver exterior too.

Arctic, surely?

1marc said:
pzero said:
Arctic, surely?

Seems a number of us have had dyslexic fingers 😂

To be fair, it seems to have been a bit of a thing over the years.

Heuer said:
Not sure I could live with that interior. Seats and doors maybe but dash and steering wheel, no.

I got the dash, wheel and door tops retrimmed in mine and its worked a treat I think

I quite like that combo and it will be a decent car if its at Hairpin, they are good guys

nickjonesn4 said:
Heuer said:

I got the dash, wheel and door tops retrimmed in mine and its worked a treat I think

I quite like that combo and it will be a decent car if its at Hairpin, they are good guys

I like what you've done. Hairpin are looking for £135K for their car.

I can't see it on their site so not sure if its sold but presume its low mileage for that cost. A lot of S are tip and so manuals do command a premium but usually below a 4S like for like (which are all manual). These cars are at a price point in the market where mileage makes a bigger and bigger difference ie the spread in prices is wider. Its top end in terms of price but will likely sell at that if condition / mileage is right for the top end prices, it does look lovely.

It was interesting at the recent 70th anniversary event I went to at Media City in Manchester. Virtually every model was represented.....of all the cars the one which was the 'prettiest" in motion in my eyes as the cars left was a 993 4S without a fixed rear wing......I know I'm biased but it was just stunning. The 2S is the same and pictures just do not do them justice to how they look in motion...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back