Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S Values ?

In the other thread you mention it being a Vesuvius car, I think they came with the colour coded 17" wheels? You might be lucky and the seller has both. And as said, solids and hollows look identical - but one is heavier than James Corden.

Tobesetc said:
cableguy said:
You sure they're Hollows as C2S came with Solids which look identical to most.

C.

Didn't realise that. It's a wonder anyone'll touch as S given it's got 25mm spacers connecting the wheel-shaped anchors! ;-)

Twas the 17" Cup 2 Rears fitted to the 2S that had an OEM 31mm Spacer fitted. :wink:

C.

Thanks guys ,
To alleviate any mis-understanding amongst the sharpest eyed members of this group , I'm looking to buy one of two cars , I have the option on a vesuvio but if it doesn't work out it there's a C2S on offer , I just can't view the vesuvio yet. Everyone has been really helpful with my journey thanks 😀👍🏽

There is or was a c2s on ebay recently. Silver with lovely red interior. Think it had done around 135k and was listed at £62.5k. High level history looked good.
Although no idea if it had recent suspension refresh, chassis legs, air con or any of the other tick boxes people use to judge condition on.

Without knowing more about the car then £59k for a private sale in the current market sounds a good price all things considered.

That all said though, mileage and the quality of car often bear no resemblance but it gets used by everyone to beat down the price. To really judge the value of the car you really need to go through the history carefully and see what has or hasn`t been done. You could easily spend £5k-£10k to bring the car up to desired standard.

This was the car I went to see , lovely old guy who's really looked after it , it's a genuine car but it has some big gaps in the history, not had a clutch since 77k and felt sluggish compared to others I'd driven so maybe ready for a top end , the car would probably stand at £65-£70k completely ready to go so I'll keep looking 😀

Tappy, you have a pm.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164230100352

This one? One owner since 2001 who has done 115,000 miles in it. Silver with the red hard backs looks great. Only way to know if it needs a top end is to do a leakdown test (or take it apart). Mine felt low on power and it turned out to be the throttle cable had been hooked on the cruise seat (Wayne at Chipwizards spotted it). Varioram diaphragm another common cause.

When my car was showing 85% leakdown on #5, and leaking oil from all the known weak points, it still drove well and was not down on power, actually up on power thanks to Wayne.

Hi

Not wishing for this thread to go off topic, but the most common wear items in the "top end" are the valve guides.

There are a good number of reasons a 993 can feel sluggish. Until you know that the ignition and fuel systems are working to spec I would not be be worrying about the engine as such.

Hope it all works out!

Berni

993 targa

It has ony 40k miles and to be honest I would rather have that than a new 992 targa but I still wouldn't pay £100k!

Re: 993 targa

stichill99 said:
It has ony 40k miles and to be honest I would rather have that than a new 992 targa but I still wouldn't pay £100k!

I think it was quoted as an example of an obviously overpriced car :grin:

Re: 993 targa

jonttt said:
stichill99 said:

I think it was quoted as an example of an obviously overpriced car :grin:

Been listening to the Illuminati valuer no doubt. Everyone loves a trier :roll:

cableguy said:
Tobesetc said:
cableguy said:
You sure they're Hollows as C2S came with Solids which look identical to most.

C.

Didn't realise that. It's a wonder anyone'll touch as S given it's got 25mm spacers connecting the wheel-shaped anchors! ;-)

Twas the 17" Cup 2 Rears fitted to the 2S that had an OEM 31mm Spacer fitted. :wink:

C.

Spacer... Einpresstiefe... same result. ;-) Kidding. I was joking. But I bet there are a few cars out there with funny combinations of ET and spacer when owners have changed wheels without realising.

Sorry sor going OT, but what are the correct ET and corresponding tyre sizes for the 17" cup wheel that would have come standard on the Vesuvius?

tyinsky said:
Sorry sor going OT, but what are the correct ET and corresponding tyre sizes for the 17" cup wheel that would have come standard on the Vesuvius?

Front & Rear 17" Cup 2's are both ET55 with just the 2S that came with a 31mm Spacer from the Factory. :thumb:

OEM Tyre Sizes:
Fronts - 205/50/17
Rears - 255/40/17

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back