Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S Values ?

cableguy said:
tyinsky said:
Sorry sor going OT, but what are the correct ET and corresponding tyre sizes for the 17" cup wheel that would have come standard on the Vesuvius?

Front & Rear 17" Cup 2's are both ET55 with just the 2S that came with a 31mm Spacer from the Factory. :thumb:

OEM Tyre Sizes:
Fronts - 205/50/17
Rears - 255/40/17

C.

correct!

Like this

Mine are body coloured not the original Stahlgrau metallic. My mirrors were painted body colour at some point also

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:
tyinsky said:
Sorry sor going OT, but what are the correct ET and corresponding tyre sizes for the 17" cup wheel that would have come standard on the Vesuvius?

Front & Rear 17" Cup 2's are both ET55 with just the 2S that came with a 31mm Spacer from the Factory. :thumb:

OEM Tyre Sizes:
Fronts - 205/50/17
Rears - 255/40/17

C.

correct!

Like this

Mine are body coloured not the original Stahlgrau metallic. My mirrors were painted body colour at some point also

I think I've said it before .... that has got to be THE most beautiful 993 I have ever seen ...!,

Sutton said:
I think the ET70 rear wheel was for early 993s.

Correct from what I've read over the years. Very early NB C2 & C4 came with ET70 which was altered to ET55 shortly after. The Vesuvius being a 2S and a later car only ever came with ET55 + factory spacer.

Cup 2 sets with ET55 rears are much more sought after. :thumb:

C.

tyinsky said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164230100352

This one? One owner since 2001 who has done 115,000 miles in it. Silver with the red hard backs looks great. Only way to know if it needs a top end is to do a leakdown test (or take it apart). Mine felt low on power and it turned out to be the throttle cable had been hooked on the cruise seat (Wayne at Chipwizards spotted it). Varioram diaphragm another common cause.

When my car was showing 85% leakdown on #5, and leaking oil from all the known weak points, it still drove well and was not down on power, actually up on power thanks to Wayne.

Looks like whoever bought it is selling it already, wonder why ...... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/985185988585079/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back