Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 GT3 launched today

I just watched the lap time video on in and it's mighty. Although I think we didn't see it's absolute best time set.

My 2p. But I'm a pragmatist....

Eyes wide open on depreciation. Superb car undoubtedly but numbers being made (quoted) are relatively high.

Clubsport pack always fair better on residual value.

Ceramics are a waste of money unless you can't live with brake dust. There's no where on the road you will be able to utilise any modest advantage. If you track then again steels on this version seem a no brainer..

Above all, your car have fun :thumb:

F9ank said:
Current spec is PM7CJI22. Currently going for ceramics and do about 4 track days a year so not convinced if that is a good idea or not. Thoughts?

Well - if you are asking...

Tick the Clubsport box. They have always had stronger residuals and it is no cost (as you've already selected the correct seats). If you really don't want a cage then you can always remove it and store it for resale, but the point is that you will have CS and the associated premium is free money. If you have nowhere to store the cage - eBay it and the harnesses : it is still free money, and Porsche don't give that away often...

Chrono package is pointless on a GT3 - it is something that neither you nor any subsequent owner will ever use. My 997 CS has been to tracks all over Europe and the last person to use the Chrono was the salesman I bought it off of. Anyone who cares about their lap time will be logging it on a VBox anyway.

Even on a blue car - I'd still take black callipers over yellow any day of any week. Particularly as you have gone black/blue with everything else in your colour scheme. As for ceramics - you really don't need them (your stopping power is going to be tyre limited anyway) and you won't get an extra £6.5k back for them at resale (you might get something and it might sell more easily, but you won't get what they cost) so you are spending money for the sake of it there. Nothing wrong with that if you want them anyway obviously (at this level of spend the amount isn't perhaps that 'emotional'), but just making the point. At least consider steels with black callipers and an extra holiday instead.

The carbon interior trim package tends to work well, though I understand the reluctance to spend an extra 900 quid on it. I'd be torn on that if I were you. My 997 has the PORSCHE embossed alcantara storage compartment lid and it is a nice touch so perhaps consider some of the less opulently priced trim options for a bit of personalisation. Again, you won't get it back at resale but as long as you don't go mad on it, a couple of nice touches will make it feel just a little bit more special in that moment between getting in and turning the key.

Regardless of what you decide : it is going to be a lovely car. Congrats :thumb:

Disco said:
F9ank said:
Current spec is PM7CJI22. Currently going for ceramics and do about 4 track days a year so not convinced if that is a good idea or not. Thoughts?

Well - if you are asking...

Tick the Clubsport box. They have always had stronger residuals and it is no cost (as you've already selected the correct seats). If you really don't want a cage then you can always remove it and store it for resale, but the point is that you will have CS and the associated premium is free money. If you have nowhere to store the cage - eBay it and the harnesses : it is still free money, and Porsche don't give that away often...

Chrono package is pointless on a GT3 - it is something that neither you nor any subsequent owner will ever use. My 997 CS has been to tracks all over Europe and the last person to use the Chrono was the salesman I bought it off of. Anyone who cares about their lap time will be logging it on a VBox anyway.

Even on a blue car - I'd still take black callipers over yellow any day of any week. Particularly as you have gone black/blue with everything else in your colour scheme. As for ceramics - you really don't need them (your stopping power is going to be tyre limited anyway) and you won't get an extra £6.5k back for them at resale (you might get something and it might sell more easily, but you won't get what they cost) so you are spending money for the sake of it there. Nothing wrong with that if you want them anyway obviously (at this level of spend the amount isn't perhaps that 'emotional'), but just making the point. At least consider steels with black callipers and an extra holiday instead.

The carbon interior trim package tends to work well, though I understand the reluctance to spend an extra 900 quid on it. I'd be torn on that if I were you. My 997 has the PORSCHE embossed alcantara storage compartment lid and it is a nice touch so perhaps consider some of the less opulently priced trim options for a bit of personalisation. Again, you won't get it back at resale but as long as you don't go mad on it, a couple of nice touches will make it feel just a little bit more special in that moment between getting in and turning the key.

Regardless of what you decide : it is going to be a lovely car. Congrats :thumb:

Thanks Disco for taking time to look at my spec, that is really helpful.

How easy is the roll cage to remove. Is it welded or bolted in?

Really in two minds on the ceramics. I track maybe 4 times a year. If I didn't go for them I would probably have the carbon roof :D

F9ank, I think you will find it is bolted in with captive bolts and attached to the top mounts on the suspension at the rear. So in theory you or the garage will have to remove the seats and then dismantle and remove the cage. Not rocket science.

Good luck.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back