Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Carrera S - Tech Review & Drive - Youtube Video

911Time

Suzuka
I haven't seen this YT channel before and hope this video hasn't been posted here previously but if not, I think you might all enjoy it, whether you're a prospective/current owner or an engineering geek (like me)... :grin:

Loved the 20 minute technical section and engineering info from Porsche and the two presenters seem genuinely enthusiastic, which always helps..

I've embedded it here but for the best experience, visit YT and open full screen: Don't know how many times I paused the video, to read the Porsche content.

Enjoy.

992 Model PASM Controller & Bilstein DTX

Looking specifically at this area, I wonder whether the changes will reduce/negate the benefit of adding a DSC Sport controller and whether Bilstein have adopted some of the ideas from DSC and Tractive DDA?

No doubt the fitment of a DSC unit made a significant improvement in individual wheel control when fitted to previous models (I've felt it myself on my 991) and when paired with Tractive DDA coil-overs offered even more benefits in electronic damping adjustment & speed of response over the OEM system (albeit at quite a cost) but maybe Porsche/Bilstein have now filled that need, certainly for road biased models, with less demanding operating conditions :?:

Thanks for sharing Mark, I came across this accidentally the other day and it's actually a very good one, they go into areas other reviewers don't, so I really enjoyed it from a technical aspect as well.

Schuey-M said:
Thanks for sharing Mark, I came across this accidentally the other day and it's actually a very good one, they go into areas other reviewers don't, so I really enjoyed it from a technical aspect as well.
. Yes, thanks Mark, a very interesting watch. The 992 looks quite nice in Red too!

Thanks for posting this really interesting in depth review. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back