Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 - What are these grommet/caps?

pandaboi78

I found these loose behind the rear trim panel under the rear window.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 12.41.47.png

They were in the channel behind the carpet below. Anyone know what they're for?

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 12.41.36.png

I found these loose behind the rear trim panel under the rear window.

View attachment 94329

They were in the channel behind the carpet below. Anyone know what they're for?

View attachment 94330
If you turn them over do they have a cup or socket? If so they may well be the two 'plugs' that locate the intake airbox. Under the engine lid remove the cover and then the two fans you will see the centre air intake box is located along the upper side by plugging into these two. They do have a habit of pulling out when the air intake is lifted away, often when the oil filter is changed.
If its not those then I would also be interested to know what they are.

Never found out what they were for so I removed them. Just been through a monster effort of trying to desqueak/rattle the car. Removing the rear quarter panels was NOT fun.

How did the desqueaking go? Was it worth the effort?
I've just picked up my 991.1 and it's got quite a few interior squeaks and rattles, so pulling off panels and trying to stop them is on my list!

Thanks.
That looks like a good guide. Nothing to lose giving it a go I suppose!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back