Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944S 2.5 16v resto then track project

My cover will need to come off again as I have another fuel pipe leak, this time at the rear, above the subframe somewhere, it's spraying over everything? I'm going to renew the pipes, from to rear and as the 996 is taking up all the indoor space I will have to do it on the drive. Not looking forward to doing that in this weather!!

The joys of old cars eh Chris. :grin:

I can just about muster up the energy to put my wheelie bin out, this time of year.
I've a couple of niggles on my daily, front fogs gone off, rear washer stopped working and a sticking thermostat. They can wait until March though. :D

Kudos for getting stuck in over winter. :thumb:

Indeed, I'm putting it off but it does need doing at some point soon, it only leaks when the engine is running so as I'm not using it at the moment it can wait a little longer.
I also have another job to contend with, water is getting into the boot of the missus' Audi cab, I collected some 996 engine parts in it the other day and the box was wet when I removed it, I investigated and found the spare wheel well full of water, another job that will need doing outside, hopefully it's just a blocked drain. At least I have already broken up for Christmas so there's nothing else to do?

Sounds like the return pipe? I'm going to give mine a good inspection when I drop the rear beam later in the winter...

I pulled all the fuel line clips off today and let the fuel pipes hang loose, I had intended to run the engine for a few seconds to check where the leak was exactly as it may have been on a joint or the rubber sections, either way the metal fuel pipes are getting replaced regardless. Anyway that didn't happen because the battery was flat, I'll try again tomorrow.

The clips that came off have a lot to be desired and there's evidence of clean (rusty) areas may indicate fuel is escaping, obviously the fuel lines have been patched before.

WwIcZ12.jpg

D5d5ncK.jpg

Eurgh - good luck. I'm slowly replacing all my fuel lines with -AN braided hoses, I think the return line is the only thing left in the original hard pipe. Planning on dropping the back axle next year so I suspect that it'll become a 'while you're in there job" then.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back