Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944 S2 Exhaust Options

Thanks Chris. There don't appear to be many other options so I'll probably go with this. Would be interested to know the difference in sound between this and the stock system.

Dansk is the only off the shelf one as far as I'm aware - got a similar one on my turbo, sounds OK but not anywhere near as loud as the 996 :D

Couple of aftermarket ones you can get are from Hayward and Scott and Fabspeed.

Also Topgear / Powerflow should be able to make you up a stainless steel one using the old one as a pattern. Likewise if you have a local stainless exhaust shop they might be able to make you something and tune the sound for you :thumb:

The Dansk one isn't great and there are several stories of the end falling off.

AAS in Newcastle have a jig for a full S2 exhaust from the manifold join all the way to the tip. Worth giving them a ring and asking for Stuart - they have a lifetime warranty.

My indy was able to get a good deal on the Dansk (£300) and ordered it (not fitted yet) so i may go with that as a temporary fix.

I was happy with the H&S bypass that i had on my 997.2 so have been looking at the H&S options for which there are two.

https://www.haywardandscott.com/porsche/944/944-non-turbo-system.html

Ideally I'd want to hear them before making a decision but can't find any videos of these online. Hopefully there will be a few 944s at Simply Porsche (assuming it's not cancelled) and i can pester a few of the owners (although I'm taking the GTS) :D

I found that changing just the exhaust tip on mine made the most difference, the pipework with 2 silencers is still standard but with the custom made tip the sound is quite good but not too loud and has a V8 type grumble at tickover.

I had the stainless tip made by Custom Chrome, they also do custom systems, maybe a bit far from you but a custom made one is another option.

https://www.cherrybomb.co.uk/

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back