Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944 S2 Clutch Replacement

First off can i just point out that Indys and indeed OPC,s are currently snowed under with work .. in 18 years i've never seen a lead time like what we have and ideed what most garages have ... for us .. mid August or later to book in a car .. sigh .

We all have staff shortages and due to the current climate no one wants to leave their job so finding mechanics is difficult .. and plenty of garages could do with extra staff atm ... OPC Techs are currently like hens teeth !

Slave / master cylinder issues are normally a leak .. air in the system so the pedal will be lower .. the biting point will be on the floor .

A worn clutch and it's the opposite .. biting point is at the top of the pedal .. you put the car in 4th gear at 10 mph .. floor the throttle and the clutch will slip .. that's a basic rule of thumb anyways .

Update: It is the clutch afterall, well a rubber bit in it as mentioned by Wh1t3Kn1ght as it had disintegrated and not helped by some recent hard driving! Have ordered the sachs kit and my indie will do it as well as some other bits. I was surprised that the S2 had the same rubber clutch as earlier versions.

Apparently it's in good condition underneath. The exhaust is only a few months old, and it looks like all pipes etc are in good nick. I'm having braided brake lines and new bleed nipples added, but unfortunately the old ones will need to be drilled out as they are seized.

nigel99 said:
Update: It is the clutch afterall, well a rubber bit in it as mentioned by Wh1t3Kn1ght as it had disintegrated and not helped by some recent hard driving! Have ordered the sachs kit and my indie will do it as well as some other bits. I was surprised that the S2 had the same rubber clutch as earlier versions.

Apparently it's in good condition underneath. The exhaust is only a few months old, and it looks like all pipes etc are in good nick. I'm having braided brake lines and new bleed nipples added, but unfortunately the old ones will need to be drilled out as they are seized.

Glad you have found the source of the problem - here is a picture of my 8v 944 clutch when I had it replaced many years ago (2002).

I have my car back! It has been fitted with the Sachs clutch and drives like a dream. My old clutch looked almost identical to the photo above, just a little bit worse.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back