Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944 fuel pipe jointing

fastlowe

Silverstone
Hi, asking for a friend, he's got a 944 and wants to join the steel fuel pipes under the car so he doesn't have to purchase all the pipes. Can they be joined with brass plumbing compression fittings with a nut and olive? thanks fellas :thumbs:

In truth I wouldn't risk it. I've seen soooo many cars catch fire due to corners being cut. My mantra is fuel and oil should be a top concern. I'm building the fuel system on Project Blue Book currently. I recon I'm into four hundred squid to get from the tank to the throttle bodies. I'm happy with that to know it's safe. Just my penny's worth :thumb:

thanks a lot, think I'll tell him not to be a cheapskate and get the new pipes ordered £400 +

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back