Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

5W50 or 10W50 oil ??

On my 144k 1998 C2, I swapped the Mobil 1 5w40 for Millers NT+ 10w50 last month and the car is noticeably smoother and quieter with even better oil pressure especially when hot. It also seems to have freed up any sign of sticky tappets.

I've certainly been very pleased with it (choosing the NT+ gear oil for my replacement gearbox too...) I've often found running older cars (including a Ford Kent powered Caterham - known to be in a somewhat fragile state of tune) that advances in oil technology have greatly improved engine life. The Millers NT+ seems the best of this new generation.

jonindorset said:
On my 144k 1998 C2, I swapped the Mobil 1 5w40 for Millers NT+ 10w50 last month and the car is noticeably smoother and quieter with even better oil pressure especially when hot. It also seems to have freed up any sign of sticky tappets.

I've certainly been very pleased with it (choosing the NT+ gear oil for my replacement gearbox too...) I've often found running older cars (including a Ford Kent powered Caterham - known to be in a somewhat fragile state of tune) that advances in oil technology have greatly improved engine life. The Millers NT+ seems the best of this new generation.

Great to hear Jon :thumb: the millers NT+ is definitely the one to have as it has increased nano particles over the millers 10W50 thats not the NT+
and makes a good point that there are 2 millers 10w50 nano oils , both are very good but the NT+ is the superior of the two :thumb: :thumb:

alex yates said:
Looks like whoever did the job has blown the clutch dust from your bell housing area into the starter motor.

There's nothing like getting a blow job over your bell housing, i find. For that I dont care what lube your using... :grin:

Osh

(yeah, I know - i'll get me coat... :coat: )

Osh said:
alex yates said:
captain caveman said:
Anoyingly it's only done it's since I had the oil and ims changed a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like whoever did the job has blown the clutch dust from your bell housing area into the starter motor.

There's nothing like getting a blow job over your bell housing, i find. For that I dont care what lube your using... :grin:

Osh

(yeah, I know - i'll get me coat... :coat: )

Osh , I had so wanted to say just that but was trying to be good :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Osh , I had so wanted to say just that but was trying to be good :floor: :floor: :thumb:

'agternoon Phil. I'm not one for chucking our advise left right and center, m8 - but on that score let me help ya. Give up on trying to be good. Its a waste of time... :bandit:

Osh

Osh said:
Phil 997 said:

'agternoon Phil. I'm not one for chucking our advise left right and center, m8 - but on that score let me help ya. Give up on trying to be good. Its a waste of time... :bandit:

Osh

:floor: :floor: :floor: advise accepted and acted upon , apart from with the ladies then I like to hear "oooh your are good" :grin: 8) :) :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back