Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4-Wheel Drive Limited

PaulSeales

Hi,

After six and a half years in a 2006 997 Carrera S I picked up a 2013 991.1 Carrera 4S on Tuesday.

First off, it’s a very capable car. The first hour driving home, the car was spot on. I stopped for some petrol and shortly after I’ve had a bunch of warnings pop up on the cluster.

4-Wheel drive limited - Possible to drive on.
Start/stop operation deactivated
ACC/PAS not available
and one relating to PSM not being available.

I got home and plugged in a icarsoft reader - checked the voltage. 11.74 volts so put the battery on charge. Yesterday morning checked the battery - 12.2 volts. Started the car, the issues were still there, so done a couple of cycles and the warnings went out.

The car is saying 14.7 volts steadily when driving.

I drove it a few times throughout the day without any further warnings until last night all 4 popped back up again.

I think the battery is shot and think it’s the original one. Has anyone out here had any issues similar to this? The dealer is going to collect the car and rectify but obviously I don’t want this to keep occurring and need to build some confidence that I’ll be able to use it without continual errors.

Faults aside it’s an amazing car.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Congratulations!

There was a date code on the top of a terminal on my 991.1. If a car has either not seen much use over Winter or has been sitting at a dealership and with a battery that is quite a few years old, chances are that it would be good Insurance to have a replacement battery fitted and coded in. If you intend to put it in for a 111 pint check with the hope of passing, the battery requires to be a Porsche supplied item..

There was a date code on the top of a terminal on my 991.1. If a car has either not seen much use over Winter or has been sitting at a dealership and with a battery that is quite a few years old, chances are that it would be good Insurance to have a replacement battery fitted and coded in. If you intend to put it in for a 111 pint check with the hope of passing, the battery requires to be a Porsche supplied item..
Hi,

Thanks for this, It has been sitting around since October is my understanding. If I am readying this right it's the original battery, Week 39 from 2013.

Time for a new one I suspect.

Paul.

Attachments

• Battery_991.jpg
    Battery_991.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 0
PSM FAILURE results in the all wheel drive restricted

Usual culprit is the Brake Pedal Bushes sticking (due to the heat in my case), which puts the brakes on slightly and gives you power loss, hence the PSM switches itself off.
One solution, to leave it overnight, then BEFORE you put the ignition key in, wiggle the brake pedal back and forth and sideways, and even pull it back a little. This frees the sticking Bushes. So now when you insert the key, all should be back to normal.

HOWEVER
The solution is to have the bush replaced, do not continue with this issue as you will find the pads and discs will overheat and the cost to fix can get expensive . It takes about 1.5 hours to replace the 0.50p bush.

Hi Paul, congrats on the purchase! I also came from a 997 to a 991 just 6 weeks ago. I sincerely hope you get all the issues sorted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back