Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

360 from large dealership: caveat emptor

Guy has a YT channel, pays credence to an MOT done by the dealer as part of the sale...... think he needs to have a word with himself.

OttoOtto said:
I can't imagine buying a car like this without a full reputable PPI whoever was selling it. But it's worrying that it had a clean MOT when apparently it shouldn't have had :eh!:

https://youtu.be/YM3KMcMxdng

Just watched this and seen this chap for the first time. He's like a podgy Alan Wicker :D .

I wonder how far the MoT station report went. I thought the scheme of manoeuvre was to go the the Government test centre to get a MoT which was then used against the original test station.

Pip

Adding onto this thread since it's discussing the lad himself.

Things have gotten a little bit fruity on Pistonheads involving a Ferrari FF and the lairy shirt wearer, plus added popcorn of the previous owner having a major barnie with the prestige / supercar dealer who turns out to be, umm, quite the wrongun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u0yfvlOoK4&t=764s

And the Pistonheads thread:
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing//topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1896258&i=0

I'm on page 27 and it's a bit of an epic.

On the PH thread about a well known Midlands based supercar dealer (surname rhymes with Fartley!) that appeared coincidentally after the Ferrari FF thread, PH have now closed the Fartley thread as the dealer didn't like being 'outed" & clearly used both his mobile phones to vent his fury :grin: PH then took a dislike to most of the posts in the thread & decided to seriously censor the thoughts of the forum members as well as overlooking the fact it appeared to be unpaid advertising of the company in question (memes around cars in the pond were plentiful :floor: ).

As has been said, buyer beware is very much how we should view buying most cars (although there are some genuine dealers out there who are well known on 911uk).

PH seems to becoming a bit like a well known GB car club of a certain German marque who also have serious short sightedness :?:

MrC986 said:
On the PH thread about a well known Midlands based supercar dealer (surname rhymes with Fartley!) that appeared coincidentally after the Ferrari FF thread, PH have now closed the Fartley thread as the dealer didn't like being 'outed" & clearly used both his mobile phones to vent his fury :grin: PH then took a dislike to most of the posts in the thread & decided to seriously censor the thoughts of the forum members as well as overlooking the fact it appeared to be unpaid advertising of the company in question (memes around cars in the pond were plentiful :floor: ).

As has been said, buyer beware is very much how we should view buying most cars (although there are some genuine dealers out there who are well known on 911uk).

PH seems to becoming a bit like a well known GB car club of a certain German marque who also have serious short sightedness :?:

I like the pic of their 'head of security' :grin:, wonder if he does after-sales as well!

The PH thread did get a bit racist on p14 (Roma are considered a race). Weird timing on this thread after Jimmy Carr's awful 'joke' about the Holocaust. I'm still a bit open-minded on whether that crossed 'the line' (in the way it was meant - sarcasm I thought) though to be honest :dont know:

To be fair old Ferraris and ladders are best avoided. However I can only speak from experience from a ladder perspective and just have more faith in German rather than Italian engineering.Hope Mrs Marky quickly recovers, meanwhile hide the fu**ing ladder!

Thanks Porka.

She's on the mend. She went swimming yesterday and has her first physio session today. She's down to one crutch too. :thumb:
Wow! I'm just catching up on that PH thread. I always thought that dealer was a joker anyway. His sons are unbearable twats and the man himself is full on 'new money". :roll:

I remember a tv show featuring him and he was proud as punch of his TV that popped up out of his bed. :grin:

The time has come to close this thread. There are a few things that we would like to clarify:

Firstly, we were unaware of any legal proceedings taking place between parties outside of PistonHeads. There are thousands of posts on PistonHeads every day, and we do not keep track of everything that's happening in the forums, unless it's reported to us for moderation.

To respect all parties involved, we have taken the decision to remove the PH Meets feature from PistonHeads. To reiterate, this was an editorial piece of content; it was not paid for, and any promoted content on PistonHeads is clearly marked as so.

As we are now aware of ongoing legal proceedings we will not accept any further discussion of this on PistonHeads. New threads will be closed and while we really want to avoid suspending or banning members, we may ultimately have to do so if our rules are not respected.

We recognise that this will likely cause frustration, but we strive to remain neutral given the ongoing situation.

Ended well, then.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back