Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2018 cayenne v6 e hybrid

jonboy

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm thinking of getting a cayenne v6 e hybrid 2018 as a daily drive not to replace my 997 TT. I have also been looking at full size Range Rovers of a similar age. Does anyone have any experience of what the ride quality is like in the cayenne of this generation with air suspension and 20 inch wheels. I know it won't be as supple as the Range Rover but given the state of our roads I don't want an SUV that rides to firm. Any other known issues with the hybrid would be welcome

With the Range Rovers you will be looking at the post media interface update (ie post 2017) and if vogues on the facelift change (2018). The sweet spot on the vogue is a post media, pre facelift (unless the facelift looks are key to you but you will pay a premium for it).........the media update is well worth ensuring you get (if looking at 2017's), spotted by the wider centre screen without physical buttons on the sides :thumb:, OTA updates and CarPlay / android auto, just a way better / quicker user interface than the pre 2017 cars :bandit:

If the car has a glass roof and most do .. the rear drains need cutting back to enlarge the exit .. it's pretty much closed and with a bit of mud will block.

I have done a post on this sometime back . http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=150463

This in turn fills the tube with water which will leak back down into the boot.

Hybrid battery .. yup it's in the boot .. it doesn't like sitting in 3 inches of water i can tell you ... we are one garage that repairs the batteries on these .. lets just say its dam expensive and the water corrodes the internal cells pretty bad !

Plug in Hybrid .. don't just leave the car to charge the battery .. plug it in as much as possible ... its during this phase that the management system will balance the individual cells in the battery ...

It can get upset over time if not .. how best to put this .. put it in its rest and relax state to sort things out .

Cayenne will never be as supple as a Range rover, ride wise, as its intrinsically a far sportier car and is set up as such.

My mate just got his hybrid coupe back after 3 weeks in the garage having the batteries replaced, think the car is 18months old :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back