Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1994 911 Turbo S 3.6 Flatnose Flachbau Slantnose EBAY V RARE

tedzwedz

Suzuka
These are VERY rare as you will know, more details in general here.. http://www.flachbau.com/

Here is one on EBAY, ending today!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

In December 1993, prior to the introduction of the 993 platform as a R.O.W. model in 1994, and at the very end of the model run for the 964 Turbo, Porsche A.G.'s VRS Department (also known as Exclusive or Special Works) decided to build a very special series of hand built Turbo 3.6 cars featuring a slanted front end labeled by the factory as 'Flachbau' in Germany (German for flat form or flat construction) and 'Flatnose' in the United States and the rest of the world (ROW). An integral part of the cars specification was the factory's optionally available X88 'S' motor. The car was called the '1994 Turbo 3.6 S Flatnose' ('Flachbau' on the German factory invoice), and it was to be the last of the hand built Porsche 911 production cars.

Attachments

• dfdf_951.jpg
    dfdf_951.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,820
  • dff_583.jpg
    dff_583.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7,820
  • ds_697.jpg
    ds_697.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 7,820
  • dsds_292.jpg
    dsds_292.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 7,820
Dream911 said:
Saw that advertsied a month or so ago. How special does it look.

I think the honest answer is Special but NOT VERY special, for what these 964 flachbaus's can look, this one has a very dull interior, most of them had quite interesting "Porsche Exclusive" all leather interiors etc, as can be seen on the flachbau website, thats a cool one!

If i was paying out that money, the least of my worries would be leather covered air con knobs, or leather light switches, but i see your point.

o.k so its not as special as the pearl white one that was floating around for close to 200k a afew years ago, but its still pretty bloody special.

Havent seen many flat nose with the exclusive package. Seems to be more of a thing of the 3.6. like the silver 964 3.6T that Maltons had for sale last year.

Personally I think these Flachbau cars are ugly. It's no surprise they built so few.
To me they look like those infamos kits that were popular in the 1980s! :eh!:

How can you tell if it's an original or a conversion? I guess the only way is by the VIN.

Looking for 1994 911 Turbo S 3.6 Flatnose Flachbau Slantnose

Nice article. Now we are looking for one for our customer.
If anyone know there cars for sale at the moment,
Please contact us. Thank you.

i always thought they were rare for a reason :yuk:

i like the vents in the rear wings though 8)

Love the car but I would have to bolt normal wings back on ....not my cuppa!!

Makes me think of them very tastefully built zeemax kits back in the day....
:sad:

I have seen a yellow one up for sale at some point over the last year £200,000, if I can remember where you can stick the finders fee in the post :D

p.s (switzerland rings a bell)

Is it a case of money can't buy you taste? I'd be in line behind Fuch to buy some standard front wings but Turbo S spec would be nice.

Each to their own....

Re: Looking for 1994 911 Turbo S 3.6 Flatnose Flachbau Slant

TPE Ltd. said:
Nice article. Now we are looking for one for our customer.
If anyone know there cars for sale at the moment,
Please contact us. Thank you.

Did you find one? Does it matter which spec (worldwide) you want? E.g. Japan, USA etc?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back