Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'switchable' exhaust for a 993?

BenC

Hockenheim
does such a thing exist?

so it can be calm for the school run and commute to work, then the sound opened up, with the roof back, when I want to go for a spirited drive etc

just a thought :)

Not off the shelf (or OEM).

But don't let that put you off getting one bespoked ...

But I don't think available now (unless you include the unlikely event of an eBay listing)

They seem to have removed totally their online parts catologue.

Im sure if you call them they will be able to accomodate you.

When i enquired a few years ago they could do it but it wasnt cheap....

all sounding very expensive - might have to go on the back burner for a while until I win the lottery!

Fuchs said:
When i enquired a few years ago they could do it but it wasnt cheap....
Would be a great thing to have! Do you recall the figure? (ballpark)

My apologies.

I guess the price was the reason I had not come across these on any actual vehicles I had come across.

I seem to remeber Ruf wanting around 2500 euros.....

Good Lord OP,

next you will be posting to ask if you can fit a water cooled engine to your 993!

Switchable exhausts are totally inappropriate technology for a 993. Besides it will deprive your neighbours and school age children of much aural pleasure.

Either get with the programme or hand back your 993 to someone who will enjoy it properly.

:)pp

These prices are a JOKE. I had a £1200 set of Cargraphic boxes on my car and it sounded pants. I think Cargraphic's a rip-off.

Best thing to do is put on a bypass on both boxes for around £90.

Totally standard sound until you put your foot down.

thanks PP - you are absolutely right, I should never consider doing anything that hasn't been done many times before :D

Kimbo - I'd appreciate a bit more info on the bypass option. what do they replace? is there a pre-muffler on each side similar to my old '88 3.2?

or is it just Cat bypass like these:
http://type911shop.co.uk/shop/categ...CfBwOMEcGcOJmkIRIsGjcrZyjzb2&shop_param=cid=&

does a 993 require to have a Cat fitted for MOT?

thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back