Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tandem Pump

ARP

Spa-Francorchamps
Can anyone tell me what the Tandem Pump does? Mine is leaking oil, local indie is due to replace when Porsche get more stock. Apparently, increasingly common problem, due to age and corrosion.

It does 2 things (hence the name tandem) it scavenges oil and also provides a vacuum for the braking circuit, the top cover corrodes causing oil leaks this is because of the proximty to the rear wheels which chuck salt, water and all other manner of things at them. :evil:

You would think for such a crucial engine component they would be better error made

Overseen by accountants unfortunately, the components used in my 88 944 are quality compared to the later cars.

Jam911 said:
You would think for such a crucial engine component they would be better error made

Best joke of the year so far :floor:

Awesome, ordering one for myself as my cover is on its last legs. :)

I kept my old pump with a view to getting a new cover fabricated, may bite the bullet and get one fitted to the old pump.

I changed mine this morning after buying one from Glasgow porsche. It took me about 3 hours, i didn't have a ramp, the torx bolts are tricky to get to also. Apparently there is a shortage of these pumps in the UK.

I don't know how much garages are charging but id do it yourself!

mine is started to corrode, but its not leaking yet, I'd be interested in doing the ninemeister cover...any one have any ideas on what would be involved? Is it just a case of whipping off the old part and installing the new cover or would you need to move all the parts over?

A bit fiddly but not rocket science, i would remove the pump first before trying to replace the cover.
Make sure the torx bolts that hold the pump in place are cleaned so that your tork socket can fully engage or else you WILL round them off ! :nooo:

My car is off to Ninemeister on Thursday for them to fit their new Tandem Pump Cover and also steam clean and clear waxoyl the underneath of my car.

krispe said:
My car is off to Ninemeister on Thursday for them to fit their new Tandem Pump Cover and also steam clean and clear waxoyl the underneath of my car.

Ohh, how much please? Mine is corroded too.

Good people, where would I need to look to find this tandem pump?

Thanks.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back