Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help- Airbag light still on after disconnect and reconn

ok51mon

Imola
I was replacing my door handles and had to disconnect the door airbags . However, after reconnecting them my airbag warning light was still on.

Does this warning need to be cleared by a dealer or have i left something disconnected?

Si

Looks like you turned your ignition on with it disconnected (a no-no), which will actuate the light. It'll need resetting with a code reader.

Fam you need to get some money and reset that ting.

Cheshire911 put me off this site recently because people are buying these ''high end'' sport cars then working on em like its a VW Golf and they're on Jobseekers Allowance.

Just take the car to a garage if it needs work. I can 'sort of' understand the old clapped out 1980 Porsche owners being emotional or whatever, and doing stuff themselves like its a BMW but modern Porsche's should go to a garage for work imo.

Attachments

• tramp_613.jpg
    tramp_613.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3,429
OK51MON said:
I was replacing my door handles and had to disconnect the door airbags . However, after reconnecting them my airbag warning light was still on.

Does this warning need to be cleared by a dealer or have i left something disconnected?

Si

Oh dear if you have a light on it needs to be turned off by someone who can connect to your ECU. Meaning either a dealer (PIWIS system) or indie with the same or someone who has Durametric. Where do you live?

Battery should be disconnected before doing a job like this. Playing with sirbags can be dangerous.

Over generalisation which is unnecessary and offensive.

There a people on here who are knowledgable and meticulous in their approach and work.

How would you feel if somebody posted a similar comment about third party outfits tinkering with a car's tuning?

Nicholassss said:
Cheshire911 put me off this site recently because people are buying these ''high end'' sport cars then working on em like its a VW Golf and they're on Jobseekers Allowance.

Just take the car to a garage if it needs work. I can 'sort of' understand the old clapped out 1980 Porsche owners being emotional or whatever, and doing stuff themselves like its a BMW but modern Porsche's should go to a garage for work imo.

People are buying these ''high end'' sport cars then getting third party outfits tinkering with a car's tuning.

:wack:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ps. Well said Chris :thumb:

Nicholasss i couldnt agree more.
I also hear that some of these poor folk cook there own food! And get this..... There not even michelin star trained! Oh the shame of it..... :frustrated:

But OK51MON yea it does need to go into a garage to be reset, i did the same thing when i swapped all my interior over, cost £38 at porsche nottingham.

Dam i admitted i worked on my own car :frustrated: anyway must dash i need to go sign on job seekers haha

If you had spent another £60 you would be able to reset all your warnings yourself every time.

L8ydg said:
Nicholasss i couldnt agree more.
I also hear that some of these poor folk cook there own food! And get this..... There not even michelin star trained! Oh the shame of it..... :frustrated:

But OK51MON yea it does need to go into a garage to be reset, i did the same thing when i swapped all my interior over, cost £38 at porsche nottingham.

Dam i admitted i worked on my own car :frustrated: anyway must dash i need to go sign on job seekers haha

Nicholassss said:

Mate you no idea what your talking about, i will keep looking after my own car and you keep taking yours to a garage and paying £80 to change some brake fluid.... :wink:

As for Cheshire911 if he doesn't like people work on and maintain there own car, he can ***** off. :evil:

I would put considerable money on the fact that self maintained cars are better looked after than most garage serviced cars.

The reason being you love your own car and will take pride and time to do a job.

99% of garages you are just 'another' car, oh all them clips snapped when i was changing that sensor? I will just cable tie it up. Oh all these suspension bolts are rusted up? I won't use grease when i put it back together, costs money.

But still, you keep paying..... :dont know: :lol: :roll:

OK51MON said:

Si

After my rant, i have a durametic cable setup that should be able to reset this, drop me a PM and you can borrow it. 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back