Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to get 996 serviced

Spartan

Hi to all, I am new to the forum and indeed new to the porsche world. Having been a AMG owner for years I decided to see what the fuss was about. I have always been fond of the 996 c4s I took the plunge and purchased one. However the vehicle was serviced in 2013. I purchased the vehicle last week and just wanted people's thoughts on where to take it. A friend of mine who owned a gold 944 (ed) if anyone knows him recommended pro max. live in London. Thank you.

There are a number of options available to you, all of which are highly rated.

I would recommend GT-One in Chertsey, I've used them for my PPI, servicing and major works needed.

North or South? (East or West?)

RPM Technic
JZM
RSJ

Spartan said:
Hi to all, I am new to the forum and indeed new to the porsche world. Having been a AMG owner for years I decided to see what the fuss was about. I have always been fond of the 996 c4s I took the plunge and purchased one. However the vehicle was serviced in 2013. I purchased the vehicle last week and just wanted people's thoughts on where to take it. A friend of mine who owned a gold 944 (ed) if anyone knows him recommended pro max. live in London. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. Where are you based? London's a big place 😊

PS get some photos on here quickly or someone will put this up here;

: :useless:

Give Matty.B (porschacare)a PM on here he looks after my Turbo he's a genius on the spanners and is based in North london , looks after a few of the 997's on here including Rorro's Gt3 so I'm sure they will vouch for his work also.
:thumbs:

Sarfend said:
Welcome to the forum. Where are you based? London's a big place 😊

+1 (+ GT4)
Yup, happy to help and you have plenty of choice :thumb:

But which part of London........ :?:

Wow guys thanks for the positive responses I've opted for opc service at Hatfield. I bought the car privately and would just like a full report by them. I'm based North london. It was interesting journey buying this c4s as I bought a z4 coupe which had faulty gearbox ended up getting full refund. Then almost bought a Clio v6 (yes I know il prob get stick but believe me wen I say this is not just Clio its a pocket rocket). Porsche is just a diff class!

Weird. I almost bought a Clio V6 before my 996 too! :superstition:

I live in Harrow so I use Sid at Porsche Torque. I used Chris Turner for my NA 996. Both brilliant and expert.

Welcome! :thumb:

OPC Hatfield :bonk:

I must say, that's a swerve ball after the thread title "Where to get 996 serviced".

Because I just assumed you had already considered, like the, franchised dealer network for the brand of car that it was.

(although to be fair, there are still extremes of good and bad OPCs, like Reading and Chiswick/West London)

Decided to go opc based on advice I recieved from friends who have had 911/944s for years. They tend to go opc and any extra work to gets carried out at indys. I prefer the service you get at indys as opposed to the soulless service you get from dealers. Like with anything depends on dealership

Haha the clip v6 that's a diff story altogether. I'm currently using an old g wagon that I shall be selling the Clio v6 was going to be a weekend car. Good examples are far and few between. I've always admired c4s though remember seeing one on someone's drive when they first came out and thought I have to own one of those!

If budget allowed though would be a 993 all the way lol

OPC will give your car a full heath check whilst it's in. Some will be niggles and others will be worth paying attention to.
The fixed prices at OPC are a no-brainer for routine servicing. Additional work? You will need to weigh up between havingit doen at OPC at same time (they doa discounted labour rate) or whether to have the work done at an indy.

Hatfield seems to have some good feedback with the occasional disgruntled customer. West London on the other hand...... different story altogether.

Keep us informed how your car gets on at OPC Hatfield (I'm assuming you had the car PPI's before purchase, so there should not be any surprises).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back