Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM not storing pre-set radio stations

markk

Trainee
I've not been in my Gen1 over the latst few weeks due to the snow, work etc. Today I noticed that PCM module was very slow to come on and respond generally when I pushed buttons for Nav. I then notice all the pre-tunned radio stations were blank.

I re-tunned these for a 60 min drive, drove and parked up and locked the car. Worried to find that when I got back in all the pre-sets were blank again. I've just tested the unit again in my garage and it seems to go blank as soon as the alarm is switched on.

I've a sneaking feeling that this may be due to the battery being low and the car cutting power to non-essentials, but I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has any ideas as to what this issues is?

Cheers
M

Usually when the battery is low the car won't start at all. (you have these christmas tree feeling that all the lights go on and endless error massages appear) So if you could start without any problems then the root course might be the PCM itself. I'd say...

I had similar issues after being away for a few weeks. I did have the car on trickle charge for a while but it then stood for 4 days last weekend at the airport parking.

I had lost my radio stations and it had trouble tuning them back in. Atfer a few days of use it all seems ok now though :?

Thanks chaps - trickle charger required me thinks. Any recommendations?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back