Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RPM at varying speeds

chowgar

Spa-Francorchamps
At 70 mph approximately what rpm should you be at in a 997.1 S. Thanks people.

Largely depends on what gear you are in... :wink:

John H said:
Largely depends on what gear you are in... :wink:

In 1st gear that would be around 7400 to 7500 RPM.

. . . . Oh, wait. That's not the question. Factually accurate though. :eek:

In my 997.1 3 K revs is 77mph according to the speedo

Big Phil1 said:

Thanks Phil. I'm getting around that figure too. Since my rebuild, the mph has slowly increased at 3000 rpm. Soon after getting the car back, it was 70mph at 3K rpm, but has since increased to your quoted figure.

chowgar said:
Big Phil1 said:

Thanks Phil. I'm getting around that figure too. Since my rebuild, the mph has slowly increased at 3000 rpm. Soon after getting the car back, it was 70mph at 3K rpm, but has since increased to your quoted figure.

I would love you to explain that one to me.

This can happen when the slave pulley of the CVT pair is manufactured using a softer material and it becomes worn away during use.

The slight reduction in the pulley circumference effectively increases the velocity ratio of the gearing - ie a higher road speed may be achieved for the same original engine rpm.

Basically, the slave pulley will need to be replaced, or the master pulley machined down by the same %.

To avoid future wear, ideally upgrade both pulleys to titanium cones, but in any case, make sure the auto tensioner is working (slack in the CVT belt will result in excess slippage and pulley wear).

Standard kit PN: 997.553.780.08

PM me for the the upgrade kit PN.

Oh ok..these ones?

nieuwesecundair.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back