Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Miles added during MOT

FZP

Hi all,
A while back I got the 911 MOT from the local tyre shop. After getting the car back it had an extra 23 miles on it. Today I took the load lugger in for an MOT, so I thought I'd ask the question what their route was for an MOT. Interestingly, the response I got back was 0 miles as they had a rolling road, and that it was most likely a faulty speedo. I'm calling shenanigans.
Now we all know what has actually occurred, the question being, has this happened to you, how many miles were added and did it bother you as much as it bothered me.

Happened to a friend of mine once.

Unfortunately the test pilot wrote the car off.

I always stay with my cars for the mot. You can expect a road test after a repair but not an mot. I'd be pretty peed off :evil:

Hi, that would also bother me, as previous post i always wait and keep an eye on them, the garage i now use also has a camera set up and is on screen in the waiting room.

antonio said:
Hi, that would also bother me, as previous post i always wait and keep an eye on them, the garage i now use also has a camera set up and is on screen in the waiting room.

Waiting room? I'm under the car with the tester :lol: mind you it does help as he's a mate of mine :wink:

Alfaian said:
antonio said:

Waiting room? I'm under the car with the tester :lol: mind you it does help as he's a mate of mine :wink:

Nice one. :thumb: I do get free coffee though

That's not good to see they have been using it whilst you weren't there, I wouldn't be happy about it but at least you got it back okay.

I never have left any of my cars for MOT and this is where I can be found when my MOT is happening, so the chances of it going on a test drive are very slim.

infrasilver said:
. . . this is where I can be found when my MOT is happening, so the chances of it going on a test drive are very slim.
Or, someone could sit on your lap. Uncomfortable.

Dashcams have many uses is all I'll say. Such as what actually happens to your car when it is in for a 'service'. Video evidence is hard to refute. :roll:

Alfaian said:
I always stay with my cars for the mot. You can expect a road test after a repair but not an mot. I'd be pretty peed off :evil:

+1.

No need for a test drive when in for MOT!

I'm still getting familiar with the British system pertaining to cars. Assumed a brake test needed to be done from a certain speed. Next time I'll be going nowhere whilst it's done.

I don't wish to worry you, but I hope the car has not recorded any over revs during the 23 mile run about.

:floor: At least Bueller and his mates didn't get anywhere near the rev limit on the Ferrari

Stories like this make me glad of the MOT system over here in NI. All MOTs are done in regional test centres, with you present. A drive in/drive out process that lasts about 30 mins. The only road test they can do is around a designated area in the centre grounds for a brake test.

No chance for any messing with my P&J, but the downside is they are much more picky than on the mainland.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back