Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 prices

ragpicker

Portimao
Come on then chaps,

How much will it cost to get into a half decent GT3 of any variety nowadays?

Having seen Kas's car I'm looking a year or two into the future and wondering how much cash I'll need to find to get into a GT3. I'm not bothered which generation. I prefer the 996 looks over the 997, but thats not the point.

I can just see myself with the GT3 sat next to the Turbo on the drive. I would keep the GT3 for weekends and the turbo for the leg-work during the week.

Cheapest one I've seen on PH is the Book-a-track one which could probably be picked up for Sub-£50k i would imagine.

Is £50k realistic for a half decent GT3?

My worry was that in 2 years time they would be a speck in the distance...

kas750 said:
My worry was that in 2 years time they would be a speck in the distance...

Totally understand what you're saying there mate. I'm just hoping that there will be a ceiling on their price rise as newer generations keep being made.

False logic? Probably because I seem unable to apply that to the prices of 996 turbos but so what? It is what it is and the prices will do whatever they do. I just think if I can get an idea now, at least I'll be in a good position in a couple of years if the right opportunity comes up. I also never do car finance so its not as simple as just putting a big deposit down.

What do you think is the ballpark figure to get into a half decent GT3 at the moment?

996 £60k ish

997 Gen 1 £68- £70K for one with some warranty on it

:dont know: :dont know:

clinchy993 said:
996 £60k ish

Interesting that there is only £8-10k between the '96 and the '97.1

There are a couple of '97's on PH from OPC's with low mileages and warranties for mid 60's i see.

Hmmmmmmmmm........ :chin:

ragpicker said:
clinchy993 said:
996 £60k ish

There are a couple of '97's on PH from OPC's with low mileages and warranties for mid 60's i see.

Yes one of them is sat in front of me and is advertised on here :thumb:

clinchy993 said:

Why do you think the one at your OPC is not shifting , when others seem to fly out the door?

clinchy993 said:
ragpicker said:
clinchy993 said:
996 £60k ish

Which one?

The silver one at By fleet seems to have been around for a while. Maybe no one likes the sunroof?

Warranty should be available for another 12-18 months I think?

£65k now but come Spring time maybe £70k minimum??

a1topdog said:
clinchy993 said:

Why do you think the one at your OPC is not shifting , when others seem to fly out the door?

I wish I knew, a couple of people that have enquired have had 993 widebody cars mainly that they want to sell first ,personnally I think its to cheap ! , but it was featured on PH this week ( thanks Richy for the heads up) an the phone has rung it head off today so we have a few appointments on it (if they turn up)

Sunroof seem to put people off which I cant understand for a comfort spec car

The car is spotless with great history ,clean rev ranges and good history and Manufacturers warranty till December 2015 that then can be extended for one more year if done in November ,whats not to like

stumpy said:
clinchy993 said:
ragpicker said:
clinchy993 said:
996 £60k ish

Which one?

The silver one at By fleet seems to have been around for a while. Maybe no one likes the sunroof?

Warranty should be available for another 12-18 months I think?

£65k now but come Spring time maybe £70k minimum??

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=5693

An air cooled 911 sunroof added a far bit of weight, fast forward to the watercooled 911 generation, everything is a lot lighter whether it is air con, electric windows and sunroofs.

Sure it may add a bit of extra weight higher up but it wont even be noticeable to 99% of drivers

37k miles, with an OPC warranty and only £65k, a bargain !

37k miles, with an OPC warranty and only £65k, a bargain !

Bang-on!

Look at the market....it's freezing January, and the GT market should be at it's
lowest ebb, not a bit of it !.
GT3 prices are just going to keep on going northwards....with interest rates
at zero, I really do believe that some are putting their money into 10yr old
GT cars. And the rarefied models (993RS, 993 GT2, 964 Turbo S, 997 RS 4.0
etc) are clearly the stand out cars...and whether it's LHD or RHD doesn't seem
to matter a jot now. :roll:

Sit yourself down with a couple of hours to spare and google GT3 prices and then read the threads about this subject from a couple of years back.

the only 996 GT3 that has come up recently is the one at 911 virgin and that is/was £60k for a 70k mile car. good one and looked immaculate.

so come spring they will be mid 60s/70s. RS's are off into the horizon.

depends on what you call a good car/budget/comfort or CS/cage and buckets/mk1 or mk2 etc etc.

the 996s seem to be a lot rarer than 7s at moment though not sure they made any more or less? not sure.

if one comes up then get into it as they will always go up over time.

that 997 at camtune looks lovely. sunroof issue? really? its not as if we are racing every weekend. in fact on a hot day it could be handy....open it up, turn the air con off and you have some more puff...more weight = more power then ;-)

I was looking at GT3s about 2 years ago. a dark blue one with 40k miles went for £35k!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back