Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Photo request please: 2002 turbo coupe seat belt top

Storm996

Nurburgring
Can someone please take a photo / photos of their 2002 turbo coupe seatbelt top like in the photo below. Mine is missing both of the plastic covers and I'm trying to get the right parts. I'm not sure if various types were fitted. I have bought some but not sure if they fit properly or are missing something.

xnf028.jpg

This what I have but not sure if it is the right part or if it is missing a back part as it doesn't seem to stay on.

1exhjk.jpg

On the parts diagram it looks more like a V shape than a cup.

Thanks in advance.

Had a quick look at the parts diagram and couldn't see the same cover on there but I would say that is the correct part just looking at the photos.
Looks like the shiny metal tab on the cover goes under the plastic hook and above the seat belt hanger, then the thin prong on the cover fits into the hole in the bolt on the seat belt hanger.

Sounds like you might get the definitive answer/photo tomorrow, but in the meanwhile I suspect that:
- The PET illustration bears no resemblance to the actual part
- The part comes in 2 pieces, and you only got one of them

Ive attached 3 pics - 2 for part number 996.803.521.00, and 1 from a workshop manual.

Attachments

• 996_seatbelt_cover_165.jpg
    996_seatbelt_cover_165.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 3,781
bo_duke said:
Sounds like you might get the definitive answer/photo tomorrow, but in the meanwhile I suspect that:
- The PET illustration bears no resemblance to the actual part
- The part comes in 2 pieces, and you only got one of them

Ive attached 3 pics - 2 for part number 996.803.521.00, and 1 from a workshop manual.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, that's interesting.

It puzzled me slightly why these didn't have part numbers stamped on them. It's looking like there are two backing plates missing :sad:

These two things have been on my 'must do' list for a while but I don't want to pay the extortionate £90 for two cost from OPC. I got these from the 'broken for parts 996 turbo' at nineexcellence off the for sale part of the forum. Steve there has been extremely helpful on the phone. After speaking to him today I don't think they have the backing plates (which I sort of suspected) so these will have to go back for a refund.

I imagine that at some stage in the car's life one has been knocked off or broken so the other has been removed as well.

I really appreciate the responses from everyone on this thread.

Oh well, I nearly had a complete car :frustrated:

Cheers guys :thumb:

If it helps expand your ebay search, the Design911 website says you can also use the 997 part - 997.803.521.00.

Now then, how do you get your pics nice and inline (unlike mine)?!

Will venture forth to get you a pic shortly. But why would the turbo seat belt parts be any different to a bog standard 996.2 sitting in Douglas Valley 'Retirement Home'...... :dont know:

New996buyer said:
Will venture forth to get you a pic shortly. But why would the turbo seat belt parts be any different to a bog standard 996.2 sitting in Douglas Valley 'Retirement Home'...... :dont know:

I rang DV about a year ago and they wouldn't separate the top parts from the complete seatbels kit.

I am definitely missing the rear plates with this pair that I've bought unfortunately so I'll return them for a refund then make a concerted effort to email a few other breakers.

Cheers

Darn! Sorry got dragged to horse event in the wife's car so couldn't post pics. You'll have them AM. :thumb:

Suspect every 2001+ 996 and 997 uses them, but not much demand. Perhaps look for whole cars being broken on eBay and ask/PM them?

Here you go:

Sure you'll find non standard after markets or as said above speak with someone breaking a 996.2.

:thumb:

New996buyer said:
Sure you'll find non standard after markets or as said above speak with someone breaking a 996.2.

:thumb:

I can see I've definitely got the correct ones but no backplates.

Thanks, I've fired a couple of emails off to other breakers today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back