Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Teenage dream

speedracer

Try to look for a decent manual gearbox C2/C2S here in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, there are not too many C2 here, not to mention finding a manual one. Looking into the options of modifying a tip to manual (visited a local reputable garage, the cost is about £10k) or importing one from the UK. Can anyone here shed some light on this? How much is a C2S with over 100k cost in UK? I don't mind getting a high mileage one , as long as it's accident free.

Hi

I live in HK and indeed it is rare to see a manual 993. Also for some reason they almost never have sports seats also. Best of luck with your search, and if you want me to come have a look at any with you please let me know!

You keep track of 28car.com yes?

All the best

Berni

Thanks Berni. I've added 28car to my watch list and checked out a few on the weekends. They are either too expensive (after manual conversion) or have something that bothers me like color, number of previous owners, no service history at all , etc. Hence, nothing has really caught my attention so far. That'll be great to have an experienced owner to accompany me next time. I'll pm you before my next appointment, see if you can spare some time to come out.

Hi, I too live in HK and went through this process a few years back. After seeing many cars, maintenance history was non existent (mostly it was 'my mates brother has a garage so he does it') 99% were tiptronic and the C2S are hens teeth and command serious money - if you can find one. Gemballa have done a few tip>manual conversions but command a premium. In the main, the cars look nice (normally resprayed and retrimmed), but under the skin they are pretty bad in general. That said, Porsche Club cars are good as they are looked after by enthusiasts. Best get a meet and put some words out.

In the end, I bought a C2S in the UK and use it when I go back during trips.

A few people have imported, but the first registration tax is an unknown quantity and the surveyors are getting clever with their research and now put hefty premiums on sought after cars.

Like Berni, happy to tag along if you find a good one!

Spanner, thanks for the info. Sure, I'll pm you my number. Have you ever have the slightest idea at the back of your mind to bring your C2S over?

Hi Berni and Spanner,

For some reason, my private messages to you folks have stucked in the Outbox for a few days now. Pls drop me an email at [email protected] with your contact info. We can find a time to meet up. Thank you.

BR
Ken

speedracer said:
Hi Berni and Spanner,

For some reason, my private messages to you folks have stucked in the Outbox for a few days now. Pls drop me an email at [email protected] with your contact info. We can find a time to meet up. Thank you.

BR
Ken

:welcome: to 911uk Ken,

FYI the message aren't stuck in your 'outbox'. They stay in your 'outbox' until the recipients open them. You'll know when they've opened them as it's then that they move to your 'sent' box.

T8 said:
speedracer said:
Hi Berni and Spanner,

BR
Ken

:welcome: to 911uk Ken,

FYI the message aren't stuck in your 'outbox'. They stay in your 'outbox' until the recipients open them. You'll know when they've opened them as it's then that they move to your 'sent' box.

Cool. Thank you T8. :thumb:

speedracer said:
Spanner, thanks for the info. Sure, I'll pm you my number. Have you ever have the slightest idea at the back of your mind to bring your C2S over?

I sure have, most weekends!! However when I go back to the UK and get out into the country for a drive, I quickly realise the car belongs there. Roads here are too short and too busy for me personally.

spannermonkey said:
speedracer said:

I sure have, most weekends!! However when I go back to the UK and get out into the country for a drive, I quickly realise the car belongs there. Roads here are too short and too busy for me personally.

Very true. You can only enjoy how the 993 handles in the twists and turns. Other than that you can never release the beast in these machines. :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back