Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My old 964

g11ger

Hi,

10 years have passed since I sold my C2 964. I have regretted selling it ever since and am now looking to rejoin Porsche ownership. I have done some Reg searching on this forum and found an owner of my old one back in 2010 and then was sad to hear it then got stolen from them.

Anyone know how to find out if it was ever found? Or ended up burnt out etc?

964 prices have rocketed over the last few years and now push them a little out of my reach and with a budget of around £16,000 what would you advise? Boxster/Cayman/996?

Thanks

I've spent lots of time in all of these. Cayman S the best sports car from an outright pace point of view followed closely by Boxster S which again is a super car and in many ways more fun if you like top down motoring.

My choice though wold be a mint ultra low miles manual non sunroof 996 C2 Coupe on sports suspension even if I had to up my budget a few thousand quid. Wonderful sports car with superb chassis. :thumbs:

Have a look at my thread for the £10k Cayman. They have got to be the best value Porsche coupe available for the money.

A reasonable mileage Cayman S with decent accessories for c£11.5k. What's not to like :dont know:

A 964 C2 Coupe is going to cost you north of £30k :nooo:

Thanks for your responses. I do like the Cayman S but have read a few stories about bore scoring issues, heard anything about this yourselves?

Cayman is a cracking car to drive and far more modern than even the 996.

964s are very long in the tooth and getting on so not my thing. They are lovely to look at and defo a thing of beauty so I get why people love them.

I drove a mates Cayman s a while back and it was like my 996 gt3 in many ways and brought back memories of driving one new when they came out.

Depends on what you want it for and what you want to do with it.
I think a low mileage, 3.6 facelift 996 in right colour with some decent toys will serve you well and will appreciate eventually. With the 3.6 version then less engine worries.

NLW73 said:
With the 3.6 version then less engine worries.

Not sure that's true :dont know:
I would have said "with the 3.6 version then Maybe more engine worries"
:?:

Think the 3.6's are prone to bore score more than the 3.4's

like any car if you buy a good one at the start it will serve you well. make sure it has good history, rights parts, loads of receipts etc and get it checked out. mileage is less of a worry if the above is right.

get a 5hitter at the start and it will always be a problem. bit like women really ;-)

saying that any good car can let go at any minute so its a gamble. go with your heart AND your head when it comes to buying a Porsche.....

Had a pint with my mate Rob last night (BTW I will be back at a meet sooner or later once I convince him to get his 964 out)...

Anyhow, he lived in France for years so his is a LHD tip and worth more for him to sell it over there, but he still thinks it would be worth £20k here in the UK.

:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back