Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Your Top 3 Most Wanted Porsches

RyDog

In your opinion - based on the 3 criteria below - suggest is the best production model that Porsche have ever released?

1. On the ears: Best Engine / exhaust sound you've heard
2. On the eyes: Best looking model when seen out on the road
3. On the wall: Best rear end & why?

Notes:
#1 can be stock, PSE or aftermarket. #2 not the latest most expensive one, the one you think is a design classic you would like to be on your drive. #3 still talking about Porsches here guys and girls! Consider design, emotive and impression.

To help kick off, mine are:
1. Carrera GT V10 at full song
2. 930 Turbo Cab
3. 911 C4S (all nice, but the 996's design wins based on the wrap around classic red reflector, the wide ass combined with the low sitting airflow grooves behind the wheel arches. Just imagine if it had the 997.2 GT3's Middle hugging tailpipes ...booyah!)
For any disclaimer needed: I've no connection to any aftermarket Porsche sales firm. I do own company stock but otherwise purely a Porsche owner and lover since a relatively poor kid growing up in the 80's with 928 and 911 posters bluetac'd all over my bedroom walls.

1. I can't forget the sound of two GT3's caning it up an alpine road, the echo of the exhausts bouncing of the rocky hillside filling the valley below.
I haven't heard a CGT in the flesh.

2. 993 Turbo, no question.

3. 993 C2S. The width, the shape, the phatness.

1) Porsche 980 Carrera GT. This was kind of a no brainer. The race-derived V10 has absolutely the best Porsche soundtrack so far.

2) Porsche Carrera. I always prefer the design of the Carrera. It is simple and beautiful. If I had to pick my favourite, it must be the 993 Carrera C2S. I think the design proportions are just right in this model.

13PcFWfl.jpg

3) Porsche 993 RS. I spent some time picking the best looking Porsche rear end. I think the Porsche 993 RS rear end just works, maybe it is the most successful ventless design in the 911 lineup.

d5zPy9Tl.jpg

pzero said:
1. I can't forget the sound of two GT3's caning it up an alpine road, the echo of the exhausts bouncing of the rocky hillside filling the valley below.
I haven't heard a CGT in the flesh.

2. 993 Turbo, no question.

3. 993 C2S. The width, the shape, the phatness.

Pzero- I've had a similar experience of your 1 while on a Gumball in 06. And you're on the money with that one. Love 2 but the tail seems too heavyweight to me to be a winner. 3. Love that rear tail

Twilight said:
1) Porsche 980 Carrera GT. This was kind of a no brainer. The race-derived V10 has absolutely the best Porsche soundtrack so far.

2) Porsche Carrera. I always prefer the design of the Carrera. It is simple and beautiful. If I had to pick my favourite, it must be the 993 Carrera C2S. I think the design proportions are just right in this model.

13PcFWfl.jpg

3) Porsche 993 RS. I spent some time picking the best looking Porsche rear end. I think the Porsche 993 RS rear end just works, maybe it is the most successful ventless design in the 911 lineup.

d5zPy9Tl.jpg

Twilight - great clip. You're right buddy. I had one surge past me while I was gaining at 150mph+ a true masterpiece porker of an engine. Your two and three. Beautiful. Who knew ventless could be a category :thumb: :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back