Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Opinions please ........

madalaa

Fuji
....... I have been thinking for several years now whether to get my rear spoiler painted.

I am fed up with having to make it look presentable two or three times a year and whatever I use although it shows reasonably good results those results never last for more than a few months and it's more than fiddly and time consuming to do.

I am having the front PU sorted and repainted while it's down in store at Sams at Precision Porsche so I am thinking of also getting it done ...... either colour coded with the paint work of the car or Basalt black to match the centres of my cup 2 wheels.

If I get it done I am leaning more towards the Basalt Black option ........ what does the 993 collective think?

OK ...... will you come round three times a year and keep it pristine for me ....... :)

Just think of it as patina. Patina sells you know!

had mine painted in body colour by Precision. Looks vastly better, much easier to keep looking fresh than when unpainted. Would consider black if it was more of a contrast with the body colour - so SY, GR or silver would prob work well with black grille. Darker colours, so slate, aventura, iris etc won't contrast so much, and so I think look better with matching grille.

Another vote for original.

Hmmmmm ....... I wonder how much grills are on fleabay ....... :?:

Yes I like patina ...... but not so much on the friggen grill ....... :(

I think I paid around £50 for a second grill on ebay, colour coded and swapped out but kept the original. Looks much better IMHO, a lot fresher and easy to keep clean :thumb:

See how to do it HERE

Another vote for original here - not so keen on the aftermarket painted items on a 993!

I just bought a new rear black grill for my C4S and replaced the artic silver one so its back to standard. Selling my artic silver one if anyone interested?

Andy,
It's a keeper, so do what works for you.

No Ian ....... the car won't be a "keeper" ...... I expect to sell it in about two to three years but I don't think it will detract from the value as they are pretty cheap to replace if the future owner does not like it.

Every day I feel differently about getting it done ......... yesterday I was pretty "all go" for the Basalt option ....... but today I am veering to towards colour coding it or not doing it at all ......... sigh ....... :dont know:

To be honest, if your planning on selling in the next few years I would leave as is............only a few more cleans and it will be gone :wink:

Spend the money on fuel instead :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back